How to connect PS VITA to PS3/PC for data transfer
Playstation VITA owners have two options for transferring or backing up data which includes photos, music, game saves, and downloaded games, either they can connect their PS VITA to PC with the help of "Content Manager Assistant" app which enables PC to read PS VITA as a hard drive or they can connect their handheld to PS3.
Both connection is done with the help of USB adapter which is the same cable that goes from the Vita to the AC adapter.
Note: For connecting PS VITA with PS3, gamers need to LOG ON with the same PSN account on both. If you are LOG IN with different account, you won't be able to connect and transfer file.
As i mention above "Content Manager Assistant" app will enable PC to read PS VITA like a hard drive, it won't be a hectic task to transfer data only instruction needed is copying the desired content and pasting it.
Below are the step to connect PS VITA with PS3 and transfer data.
- With the help of USB cable, connect your PS VITA with PS3.
- You will be asked an option to select that reads "Connect to PS3 System". Select this option to establish the connection.
- Now on PS VITA, you will get two options to copy content:
- Transfer content from PS3 -> PS VITA
- Transfer content from PS VITA -> PS3
- You will also get option for Back Up Utility. These Back Up Utility are "Back Up" and "Restore"
- Select the option which you want to use either to transfer data from PS3 to VITA and vice-versa or Back Up and Restore.
- For example if you want to transfer photo from PS3 to PS VITA, just browse to the desire photo (multiple selection is allowed) via PS VITA, and Select "COPY" option.
If you need any more help, let us know in the comment section below.