THQ Officially Sold Off, Full Auction Details along with sales figure revealed
- By Sehran Shaikh
- Add Comment
The curtain is finally down, THQ has been officially CLOSED DOWN. All assests of the firm has now sold to other game publishers via auction that lasted for 22 hours.
Few result from the auction are listed below (NOTE: Price mention are not officially confirmed):
- Sega agreed to purchase Relic ($26 million)
- Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition ($22.3 million) and Metro franchise including upcoming Metro: Last Light ($5.8 million)
- Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront ($500,000)
- Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve ($10.8 million Confirmed)
- Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal ($2.5 million) and rights to South Park: The Stick of Truth ($3.2 million)
Vigil Games (developer behind Darksiders series) was unsold. THQ's Farrell and Rubin said that they will make effort to find appropriate buyers, if possible."
Details regarding sales of WWE license is also not revealed, but according to reports coming out from IGN, it will be acquired by TAKE-TWO.
A letter was sent by THQ to employees after this auction, check out below: