Wii U Firmware 3.0 Live Now, Take an Hour to Download, Changelog Revealed
- By Sehran Shaikh
- Add Comment
Nintendo has just released new Wii U Firmware 3.0. The update is now available for download for all Wii U owners across the globe. It makes numerous improvements and also add new features to Wii U.
Wii U firmware 3.0 improves system load times and also gamers will now be able to copy save data and boot straight to Wii mode by holding down the “B” button when turning on the console.
Nintendo has confirmed that Wii U firmware 3.0 will take up an hour or so to download, so don't get frustrated easily, have patience. Check out the changelog below.
- New Features:
- A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
- Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
- Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu*¹
- Changes to System Settings:
- An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in “Data Management”
- The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in “Data Management”
- The option to adjust screen size is now available under “TV”*²
- “Auto Power-Down” has been renamed “Power Settings”
- Changes to Miiverse
- Changes to Nintendo eShop
- Changes to the Internet Browser
- Changes to Download Management
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Watch the video footage below showing "Wii U Loading Test: After Firmware 3.0"