PREY - Beta Update 0.5 Live Now On Steam, Here's How To Download It
Bethesda has just released new Prey update (v0.5). It is now available via Steam as a beta update. In order to access the Steam beta you need to first Log into STEAM, Right Click on PREY in your Library, Select Properties, Select Betas, from the Drop Down Menu select PUBLIC-Beta-Patch, and then OK. Now, wait for some time as the game will UPDATE. Once done you will see "PREY (public-beta-patch)" in our Library.
Here are the few changes that Arkane Studios has made to PREY via patch 0.5:
- Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
- Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
- Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
- Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
- Kaspar's objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
Please note: The public-beta-patch branch shares the same game Saves as the default branch. If a previously corrupted Save is fixed by switching to the public-beta-patch branch, switching back to the default branch will reintroduce the chance of corruption (this issue to be fixed in a future patch). If a Save file has been previously edited manually, it may not function properly.