Wii U technical specification revealed
- By Sehran Shaikh
- Add Comment
Nintendo has just revelaed the first technical specification for the latest reveal new home console Wii U. Going by the details in the specification, Wii U will definitely give Sony's Playstation Vita a good run for the money.
Check out the specification below:
- Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
- The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analogue Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world.
- The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.
- Up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once.
- The new console supports all Wii controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk controller, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and Wii Balance
- A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density
- optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
- Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.
- Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
- The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
- IBM Power-based multi-core microprocessor.
- Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.
Note: Details are subject to change.