Capcom refused to say anything specific game, but did say that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would be like a book page "comic come to life" in terms of cut scenes, character intros and outros character. Ryota Niitsuma Producer says the trailer is a good example of what we should expect from the final game.
There will be more than 30 fighters in total, with the trailer to confirm Ryu, Morrigan, Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk and Chris Redfield from Resident Evil. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Returning characters Captain America, Dr. Doom, Deadpool, Felicia, and Chun Li are also strongly suggested.
- Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, now comes to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, bringing beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
- Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved battle system takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
- 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team and use Assist Attacks and each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
- Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds FACT SHEET
- Release Date: Spring 2011
- Genre: Fighting
- Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
- Rating: Pending
- Price: Pending
“We are so pleased to be working with Marvel again. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has been one of the most requested titles for us to produce by our fans,” said Christian Svensson, Corporate Officer and Vice President of Strategic Planning and Business Development at Capcom. “Our Capcom development studio is creating the most epic fighting game ever developed and Marvel’s input into that process has been invaluable.”
Get set for the ultimate faceoff when Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds hits PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in Spring 2011.