So far Bioware has not revealed any details related to multiplayer element of next game in Mass Effect franchise, "Mass Effect 3". But now a source close to "tbreak" has confirmed that the upcoming action-RPG will have a multiplayer campaign, and Bioware will revealed it at the end of the year.
Some important points related to the multiplayer campaign was also revealed by the source, check it out below:
- The game will feature a Horde style multiplayer mode with “crap loads” of maps.
- It will also have the regular modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.
- The Horde mode will have objectives like Capture The Flag, King of the Hill, and simple shoot-to-kill ‘waves’ as well.
- Up to four players can play cooperatively in the Horde mode.
- Maps are “fairly small” but well designed.
- Players can choose from 6 different classes, or use a prebuilt one’s. Our source didn’t confirm what those classes were, but we reckon all those from ME2 will be present.
- There will be a level cap of 60.
- Some of the enemies were confirmed as well: Geth, Marauders, Husks, and a new enemy type called Brutes. The source described them as insanely “huge ass”.
- The game will also feature a ‘multiplayer store’. The store will carry upgrades for weapons, etc. and other items.
- Players will be able to buy said upgrades and items by earning in-game money based on their performance in the multiplayer. Our source wasn’t sure if the in-game money can be earned via the single player campaign as well, “but I doubt it. Seems like the (singleplayer and multiplayer) modes will be separate.”