Mass Effect 2 Cheats Codes, Hints, Tips and Secrets
Cheats for Mass Effect 2 on the PC and Hidden Gameplay Tips, Achievements, Secrets Locations, Armour Secrets, Bonuses and Extra points and Skills. Although there is no cheat menu but you can perform few cheats on PC version, to know how to do it, read on.
Although there is no cheat menu , if you can modify the Coalesced.ini genuine will be in folder "USER\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked". Remember to make a copy of the original.
- AmmoPerShot=1 to AmmoPerShot=0
- Infinite Ammo: Change bInfiniteAmmo=true to bInfiniteAmmo=false
- More life: Change Health=1500 Health=X where X is the value you want.
- More medigel: Change MaxMedigel=1 to MaxMedigel=9.
- More probes: Change MaxProbes=30 MaxProbes=90.
- More fuel: Change MaxFuel=1000 to MaxFuel=3000.
Hidden Gameplay Tips
Mass Effect Character:
If you export a character from the first game starting at level 2 will get more resources, bonus points or default under depending on you to have . Also according to the achievements and the level of your character will add to these rewards.
It's in the room where you find Tali. You must be maximum on Hard difficulty , but remember that you can change it once you pick up the gun.
Dinner with Kelly Chambers:
If you talk enough with Kelly Chambers and treat it well, you get to talk to her for a romantic dinner. If you choose to send sufficient reinforcements at the end of the game to protect your troops , you will receive an email after finishing his game.
Go up to Legion in his quarters. Highlight him, but do not talk to him, and eventually he will do the "Robot" dance.
Getting Dominate ability and keeping Samara alive
Dominate is one of the useful Biotic ability (much similar to Hack Ability), which allows players to have a control over organic enemies and turn them into allies. In order get this Dominate ability players needs to help Morinth Kill Samara during Samara's Loyalty mission.
There is other way also by which players can get the Dominate ability keeping Samara on your team. Play Samara's Loyalty mission but only upto the point where Samara confronts Morinth, than save the game immediately after confrontation. Now when you were ask to choose who to eliminate, you choose the option which allows Morinth get the upper hand on Samara and kill her. Create a separate saved game file. Now Navigate to the ship and talk to Morinth. Load the previous game which you saved and then have Samara Kill Morinth.
Now you will be having Samara in your team as well as Morinth's Dominate ability when you select a bonus Loyalty Power to add to your character in prototype upgrade section.
Romancing Yeoman Kelly Chambers
Have a talk with Yeoman Kelly Chambers and select kind responses. When you get the option of invitation, invite het to dinner. During the final mission do not let her die and choose the option loyal escort for the crew in the final scene. After you complete the game have a word with kelly, you will receive a email from her. Now go to your quarter and invite her up using your console to have a romance scene
Easy "No One Left Behind" achievement
For getting No One Left Behind Achievement refer to following guide for it.
if you have finish the game but after landing on the Collector Ship someone died, select someone else. At the last part of your gameplay where you choose someone else for one last time, dp not select someone without loyalty because they won't survive. Instead leave them with a loyal company.
To make things more clear for you here is an example: If you loose Tali's Loyalty and took her to the last part of mission and she dies then reload the game and leave her in the company of everyone else. You will than have "No One Left Behind Achievements".
List of planets with anomalies locations:
- Caleston Rift, Solveig, Sinmara
- Caleston Rift, Talava , Taitus
- Crescent Nebula, Lusarn, Tarith
- Crescent Nebula, Zelene, Helyme
- Eagle Nebula, Amun, Neith
- Eagle Nebula, Strabo, Jarrah Station
- Nexus Hades , Sheol, Gei Hin
- HourGlass Nebula, Fary, Darat
- HourGlass Nebula, Ploitari, Zanethu
- Minos Wasteland , Fortis, Aequitas
- Omega Nebula, Ariniarkan, MSV Strontium Mule
- Omega Nebula , Fath, Lorek
- Pylos Nebula, Dirada, Canalus
- Pylos Nebula, Nariph, MSV Broken Arrow
- Rosetta Nebula, Enoch, Joab
- The Shrike Nebula, Xe Cha, Zada Ban
- Sigurd 's Cradle, decoris, Sanctum
- Sigurd 's Cradle, Skepsis, Franklin
- Titan Nebula, Haskins, Capek
List of planets to find Element Zero:
- Calestone Rift, Balor, Caleston (moderate)
- Crescent Nebula, Lusam, Tarith (rich)
- Crescent Nebula, Zelene, Helyme (moderate)
- Eagle Nebula, Amun, Anthur (rich)
- Eagle Nebula, Amun, Sekhmet (moderate)
- Eagle Nebula, Relic, Preying Mouth (rich)
- Far Rim, Dholen, Gotha (moderate)
- Hades Nexus, Hekate, Asteria (poor)
- Hades Nexus, Hekate, Bothros (poor)
- Hades Nexus, Pamyat, Dobrovolski (moderate)
- Hades Nexus, Sheol, Gel Hinnom (moderate)
- Hawking Eta, Schwarzschild, Etamis (rich)
- Hourglass Nebula, Faryar, Daratar (rich)
- Hourglass Nebula, Osun, Erinle (rich)
- Hourglass Nebula, Ploitari, Thegan (moderate)
- Krogan DMZ, Nith, Mantun (moderate)
- Minos Wasteland, Caestus, Invictus (moderate)
- Nubian Expanse, Kalabasha, Yamm (moderate)
- Nubian Expanse, Batalla, Nearog (moderate)
- Nubian Expanse, Batalla, Thunawanuro (rich)
- Pylos Nebula, Dirada, Siano (moderate)
- Pylos Nebula, Satent, Boro (rich)
- Pylos Nebula, Raisaris (rich)
- Rosetta Nebula, Alpha Draconis, 2175 Aeia (moderate)
- Rosetta Nebula, Enoch, Joab (rich)
- Rosetta Nebula, Enoch, Laban (moderate)
- Rosetta Nebula, Enoch, Mizraim (rich)
- Shadow Sea, Iera, Prospect (poor)
- Sigurd's Cradle, Decoris, Sanctum (moderate)
- Sigurd's Cradle, Skepsis, Watson (rich)
- The Phoenix Massing, Salahiel, Ekuna (moderate)
- The Shrike Abyssal, Urla Rast, Talis Fia (moderate)
- The Shrike Abyssal, Xe Cha, Tosal Nym (rich)
- The Shrike Abyssal, Xe Cha, Zada Ban (rich)
- Titan Nebula, Haskins, Capek (moderate)
- Valhallan Threshold, Micah, Farlas (moderate)
- Valhallan Threshold, Micah, Israfel (moderate)
- Valhallan Threshold, Micah, Kakabel (moderate)
- Valhallan Threshold, Paz, Garvug (rich)
Easy Geth Pulse Rifle
Select the difficulty level to Hardcore before landing on the planet. Complete the Tali'Zora's recruitment mission, as you complete the mission you will find a Geth Pulse Rifle in the same room where you find Tali. Now if you want you can reset the difficulty level as per your requirement.
This trick has a basic requirement of any Biotic which can lift the enemy off the ground and the Cryo Bomb tech. By making use of Biotic lift your enemy off the ground and then hit him/her with Cyro Bomb but ou need to do this while they are still under Biotic's effect. This trick will cause them to stuck permanently in a falling state and will not cause any damage to you.
Rapid fire M-920 Cain
For Rapid fire M-920 Cain, Keep firing from it and along with that press Reload after each and every shot. The Shot will be fired continuous during the expansion of previous shot.
Extra points and Skills
Extra Paragon and Renegade points
For getting Extra Paragon and Renegade points you need to keep your eyes on the prompt which will appear on the top left side of the screen, if you see wings immediately press LT for extra Paragon, if Star than press QT for extra Renegade points.
Easy Paragon and Renegade points
In your entire gameplay you will be unlocking various training and redistribute for your skill points. Talent Mastery is one of those that sums up a certain points in your Paragon and Renegade. Respec and distribute them into Mastery recursively until your Paragon and Renegade are full.
To get some easy material, you need to go to Micah system in Vallhallan Threshold for finding the three planets hidden in asteroids. These three planets are "Rich" planets in terms of material which will be helpful for your upgrades.
Easy skill points
For easy skill points recruit Morinth for getting Dominate skill and also getting large amount of element zero. Buy up the Advance Training upgrade and choose Dominate, which will result into having a bonus skill point. Use it for Retrain Powers upgrade. If you want more repeat the process.
Quicker scanning for mining
For Quicker scanning of planet for mining do not press and hold LT instead keeping tapping LT until and unless you see a blip on the scanner. Then, navigate back to area while holding LT for getting the best location to send the probe.
Move the pointer to left or right of the planet which you intend to scan, press the Left Analog-stick and Right Analog-stick both in the same direction which will double the speed of the spin of the planet as a result allowing you to locate the resource on grid line quickly.
If you have a saved game file of the original Mass Effect game than you can use that same profile in Mass Effect 2 and get tons of bonus credit. Details are given below:
- 100,000 credits: Mass Effect character with the "Rich" achievement
- 30,000 credits: Level 50 Mass Effect character
- 2,000 experience points: Level 50 Mass Effect character
- 5,000 of each resource: Level 50 Mass Effect character
- 50,000 credits: Level 60 Mass Effect character
- 4,000 experience points: Level 60 Mass Effect character
- 10,000 of each resource: Level 60 Mass Effect character
Complete the game successfully and than start a new game with clearing the saved game file to start the fresh game wtih following bonus (Select Loyalty Bonus Skill):
- Retain Skill Points from first playthrough
- Retain Level and Experience Points from first playthrough
- A experience bonus of 25% for all the characters
- 200000 credits (50000 for each resource)
- Renegade and Paragon Points will be set to Neutral
- Retain of all your weapons and armour from first playthrough but without upgradation.
Loyalty mission bonuses
Complete the indicated party member's Loyalty mission for unloacking the skill for Shepard, alternate colors for their costume, increase in ability to survive the suicide mission. One thing to note here is Complete the Advance Training research upgrade for your ship so that you will be able to select the skill.
- Armor Piercing Ammo: Archangel's Loyalty mission
- Biotic Barrier: Jacob's Loyalty mission
- Dominate: Kill Samara during her Loyalty mission, and have Morinth replace her.
- Fortification: Grunt's Loyalty mission.
- Geth Shield Boost: Legion's Loyalty mission
- Inferno Grenade: Zaeed's Loyalty mission
- Neural Shock: Mordin Solus's Loyalty mission
- Reave: Samara's Loyalty mission
- Shield Drain: Tali's Loyalty mission
- Slam: Miranda's Loyalty mission
- Warp Ammo: Jack's Loyalty mission