Little Tip To Control Xbox 360 Plugged Into Xbox One With Just SmartGlass App, Benefits Revealed
As proven Xbox One SmartGlass is the perfect app for Xbox One to extend your control over your console, apps, friends communications with plenty of flexibility. Thanks to one Reddit user who found this handy tip to control Xbox 360 which is plugged-in to Xbox One via SmartGlass app.
Before moving on to tips, lets first make or setup correct SmartGlass connection, below step-by-step guide details you everything. If you have already done that then proceed directly to Step 2:
Step One: Create SmartGlass App connection:
- Make sure you have the correct app - Xbox One and Xbox 360 have different SmartGlass apps.
- Connect the console and SmartGlass device to the same local wireless network. A cellular data network connection will not work for Xbox One. If you are using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), turn it off. Set your console to allow SmartGlass connections. On your console, go to Settings > Preferences > SmartGlass connections. If you have the Windows Phone SDK installed, uninstall the Windows Phone emulator.
- Restart your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds.
- Restart your Xbox One console by unplugging it for 30 seconds.
- Connect your SmartGlass device to your Xbox One using the console’s IP Address:
- On your console, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings to get the IP address.
- In SmartGlass, tap the Connect icon, and then tap Enter IP address.
Go to Settings-> TV & OneGuide > Device Control > Cable or Satellite Box and add "Xbox" device.
Now you'll be able to control your Xbox 360 with Xbox One SmartGlass App.
- It will Free a HDMI slot on your tv
- Allows you to be in a Xbox 360 party and play Xbox One games.
- Snap Two games at once
Tell us in the comment section below any other tip you have for Xbox One?