How to create The Evil Within: The Assignment Working SLI profile
The Evil Within: The Assignment runs on the id Tech 5 engine from id Software and gamers correctly believe that this engine does not support SLI.
For those who are unaware: Scalable Link Interface (SLI) is a brand name for a multi-GPU technology developed by NVIDIA for linking two or more video cards together to produce a single output.
Using the following guide (via Steam Community) you can easily create a working SLI profile for The Evil Within: The Assignment, or other games as well for that matter and enjoy better and consistent performance in terms of graphics and gameplay.
How to create Working SLI profile
- Open you game through NVIDIA Inspector
- Click Add application to current profile and add game executable (gamename.exe) from the main folder
- Change SLI compatibility bits (DX1x) to 0x000000F5
- Change NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10 to SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR
- Change NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode on DirectX 10 to
- Select Apply
You will notice considerable amount of improvement in your gameplay. Tell us in the comment section, how helpful was this guide for you?