New Loot Locations in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: Rings, Shields, Titanite, Weapons & More
As you might know, From Software had fun changing many loot positions in Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin in comparison with Dark Souls II. It means that what you found in a certain point of the map during your first journey in Miyazaki’s nightmare, probably isn’t there anymore, and this could make you go crazy considering all the difficulties you may encounter in reaching that point. As we care about your mental sanity, please take a look at our guide in order to bear in mind where you will find the new loot locations in the PS4, PC and Xbox One versions of the hardcore action-RPG.
- Ring of Blades +2 Kill the two pursuers in Castle Drangleic on New Game + and you will obtain the Ring of Blades +2.
- Bracing Knuckle Ring – you can find it on the same ledge from which you can jump to the smaller one while searching for the Golden Wing Shield in the Lost Bastille.
- Ring of Binding – before fighting the Dragonrider, you will find the Ring of Binding in a chest at Heide’s Tower of Flame.
- Gower’s Ring of Protection – this item is now in Drangleic Castle after the chest with Soul Greatsword and is available in NG right off the bat. Beware: right there you will find an Executioner Chariot, too.
- Watchdragon Parma – it’s in Heide’s Tower of Flame after you kill Puff the Magic Dragon (drop rate may not be 100%). From Software has tweaked this shield for Scholar of the First Sin, so now it boosts item discovery.
- Chaos Shield – Felkin sells this shield in Huntsman’s Corpse. Blossom Kite Shield – This shield has not a great value but it manages to regenerate your stamina, so it could turn useful in any occasion. You can find near the Lost Sinner boss fight in Sinner’s Rise.
- Grand Lance – Kill the Last Giant near the King’s Door and you will obtain the Grand Lance, much earlier than in the original Dark Souls II.
- Black Scorpion Stinger – The Man-Scorpion will gift you Tark’s sword once you beat The Duke’s Dear Freja. Bear in mind, anyway, that you have to own the Ring of Whispers to talk with him.
- Dragon’s Tooth – You can find Dragon’s Tooth in Belfry Luna, in the area beneath the bonfire where you met the killer dogs and NPC invader.
- Chaos Rapier – Felkin now sells it, with the Chaos Shield, in Huntsman’s Corpse.
- Forlon Weapons (Greatsword & Scythe) – Kill six times the Forlorn and you will own all of his items; kill him once and you will be able to buy those from Straid.
- Work Hook – You can find the Work Hook at the mimic with the dark gauntlets. Those are in the same position where they had been placed in the original Dark Souls II.
- Heide Knight Spear – In a cell in Sinner’s Rise, beat the Heide Knight and you will obtain the Heide Knight Spear.
- Black Witch Staff – This is in Alda’s keep now. Get Aldia’s key and pull the lever in the room closed by that key. Once you got rid of the monsters, you will find a wooden mimic chest.
- Zweihander – In the Iron Keep, jump to the ledge where the Dull Ember was in the original game. Now you will see a skeleton holding a Petrified Dragon Bone, there. Climb the ladder and here we go with the Zweihander.
- Washing Pole – Scholar of the First Sin has two Washing Pole. One is in the poison gas pit after Mines bonfire in Harvest Valley (outside of the building where you meet Covetous Demon); the other is in Drangleic Castle, after the room with the Old Knight Hammer.
- Heide Knight Greatlance – The Heide Knight there and you will have it.
- Aurous Set (Visible) – This armor can now be found in the upper Gutter near a hide Knight which drops the Heide Mask.
- Dark Chest Piece – It’s located in a Mimic under a ledge in the Gutter, immediately after you find the Ring of Soul Protection.
- Dark Leggings – This is Brightcove Tseldora underneath the well by the first bonfire.
- Forlorn Set – The Forlorn Set can be acquired from Straid.
- Falconer’s Set – The Falconer’s Set can now be farmed in Brightstone Cove Tseldora in the Royal Army Camp. There, Falconer Knights have replaced most of the peasants.
- Vengarl’s Set (Sans Helm) – You can find Vengaral’s murderous headless corpse in the Shaded Woods, shortly after Manscorpion Tark.
- Heide Armor – You can farm the Heide Armor from Heide Knights in Heide’s Tower of Flame.
- Royal Soldier’s Set – You can now meet Royal Soldiers in the Forest of the Fallen Giants. They will drop their sets once you beat them.
- Warlock Mask – Warlock Mask is in the Shaded Ruins. Head straight from the bonfire until the large barret's; behind them, you will find a Lion-Warrior and the statue of a petrified Lion-Warrior: un-petrify and beat him so you will receive the helmet.
- Iron Mask – Iron Mask is dropped regularly by the Heide Knight in the upper Gutter.
TITANITE and more
You can find the Titanite Bug in the Forest of the Fallen Giants, exactly where you first met the merchant Hag Melentia.
Twinkling titanite gets dropped by the Pursuer in the Lost Bastille
After beating the pursuer boss in the Forest of the Fallen Giants, you arrive at the first bonfire in the Lost Bastille. There you will find two chests: one with two effigies, the other with the dull ember.
Petrified Dragon Bone
Kill Puff the Magic Dragon in Heide’s Tower of Flame and you will receive a petrified dragon bone
The Bastille Key isn’t in the Belfry anymore. Luckily enough, you can find it way simpler near the Servant Quarters bonfire.