Destiny: The Taken King Guide On How To Get The Chaperone Exotic Shotgun or Complete Jolly Holliday Quest
Destiny: The Taken King carries a interesting The Chaperone Exotic Shotgun. To unlock or obtain it Destiny player should perform a special quest name called as "Jolly Holiday". To get this quest players need to speak to Amanda Holliday after completion of the main "Destiny: The Taken King" Quest.
Here is the complete guide on how to unlock Destiny: The Taken King Exotic Shotgun
Get kills in the crucible while having The Last Word equipped.
- You do not have to get kills with The Las Word, You can use supers, grenades, heavy weapons and special weapons.
- Normal Kills grant you 1%
- Headshot Kills grant you 2%
- Death will lose you 2%
- Killstreaks lead to bonus points.
- You need 100% to complete this part of the quest.
- I was on 99% and it took like 4 kills from there to 100% so idk what happened there.
- My advice is to utilize supers, heavy and special ammo. Play it safe, hang back then charge in with heavy/super.
- Play objective based games, so people aren't only focusing on killing you.
Speak to Amanda Holliday
Purchase a 'Generous Donation' from the cryptarch (This costs 15,000 Glimmer)
Speak to Amanda Holliday
Use a shotgun to kill enemies in the Crucible and high-level minions of the Darkness
- Yellow bar enemies on Earth Patrol does not work
- Yellow bar enemies on the 240 Light Daily Heroic do work however
- You can farm the Tortured Knight from the 240 Light Daily Heroic mission for 6% each kill
- Crucible Kills grant 3% per kill
- Dying in Crucible does not lose any points
- Universal Remote kills DO count towards the quest
Use a shotgun to kill each of the Shield Brothers on the Dreadnaught
- Strike is recommended 290 Light.
- Requires a minimum of 250 Light to start.
- Not sure if you can do it on the 260 Light Strike playlist
This Step 6 is the same idea as Step 1, but with shotguns, and the availability to kill minions of the darkness instead. According to Reddit user Axysial:
My first try to get renown for this weapon was to farm the Major Cabal in the Exclusion zone heroic difficulty, as I was already light 244. This only gave 1/3 of a single percent per kill however.
The crucible is a different story entirely, and imo, is where this part should be done. Each kill gives 3%, you lose nothing upon death, but wins/multikills/etc. Don't give any percentage. However, I did receive a buckshot bruiser medal which seemed to give me around 5% or more of a bonus. A merciless streak did NOT give me the same boost, however.
Once your Renown with shotguns reaches 100%, Amanda Holliday calls you back to the tower once again.
After speaking to Amanda Holliday, you are given the quest to kill the Shield brothers, Valus Mau'ual and Valus Tlu'urn, on the dreadnaught. This is a strike on the dreadnaught which is level 42 SPECIFICALLY for this instance. The recommended light level is 290, and as of right now I cannot even enter into it to attempt it. Similar to the Thorn bounty, this seems to be a much harder version of a strike.