Fallout 4: All Launch Day Issues, Bugs and Glitches On PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Fallout 4 is out now on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The launch isn't a smooth one as every one of us expected and players are experiencing many bugs, glitches and issues on all platforms. The list below gives out detail on all the launch day issues of Fallout 4.
Fallout 4 PC Launch Issues:
- Can't save in Windows 10 - documents folder may be set to read only, and only running as administrator will allow saving
- CRASH ON STARTUP no fixes yet: these temporary fixes are also not working Restarting, Borderless mode, Applying 1.1.30 update, compatibility mode.
- Nvidia cards seem to crash on startup, may be related to general startup crash bug. Possible fix Uninstall the drivers. Restart system and reinstall drivers.
- GeForce problems
- Issue running in specific resolutions. Possible fixes: Try reinstalling drivers for your GPU. You can also right click Fallout, properties, betas tab, 1.1.30 beta update. You can also try AMD catalyst control and telling it rocognize F4 as a 3d program (if you have an AMD GPU
- Unpacking takes exceedingly long time, 6 plus hour
- Physical Disc only contains 5GB of 25GB
- Cpu overheating
- Cannot decrease graphics below medium
- Mouse and keyboard not working (solution: close game, physically disconnect kb/m, reconnect, relaunch Second fix: If the game seems to be ignoring your mouse/keyboard input completely, go to <user folder>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 and edit Fallout4Prefs.ini and change bGamepadEnable=1 to 0.
- No visible terminal or pip-boy screens
- Another audio bug: no music, but voices alright, or vice-versa
- Game opens to black and then just closes
- Compatability mode for Windows 7 worked, but still there is crashing at the character creator.
- Game crashes right on startup. I get to the 'Please Stand By' screen then it closes.
Fallout 4 Launch Issues On Xbox One:
- Subtitles not working
- Installation time exceeding two hours
- Stuck on wait screen (solution: restart xbox, check file size, if <1Gb, manage game and Uninstall then reinstall)
Fallout 4 Launch Issues on PlayStation 4:
- Installion failing, CD read error:
Other Glitches in Fallout 4:
Raider surprise party
Nick Valentine, pacifist