How to unlock the free Thermite skin in Rainbow Six: Siege
Free loot? Why not! Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Grim Sky is now available, adding new operatives, bug fixes, reworks, and more. This latest patch also introduces an all new reward for players who enable 2-Step Verification, also known as 2-Factor Authentication, for their Ubisoft account. Once you’ve activated 2-Step Verification, you’ll unlock an unique Thermite skin without paying a cent! You'll add an extra layer of security to your account and earn a reward in the process!
How to enable 2-Factor Verification for your Ubisoft account
It’s important to note that, at this time, the offer is available to PC players only. Two-step verification is not available for those playing on Xbox One and PS4. The Ubisoft website offers a detailed tutorial on setting up 2-Step Verification, and the process is quite simple. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Visit the Ubisoft account website and log in with your account details
- Click on “Security Settings” then scroll down and click the “Activate 2-Step Verification” button. Doing so will send an activation request email to the email address on your Ubisoft account.
- Follow the steps detailed in the email from Ubisoft, which starts the process of setting up 2-Step Verification.
- Install Google Authenticator app on your phone (Android or iOS)
- Open the app and tap “Scan a barcode.” You can also enter the manual code.
- Allow the app access to your camera, then capture the QR code within the camera frame.
From here, Google Authenticator will automatically read the QR app and link to your Ubisoft account. That’s really all there is to it. Once you’ve scanned the barcode and linked the two, simply enter the current six-digit verification code at the prompt and click “Continue.” From there, you’re good to go!
The Ubisoft account website will provide you with six unique recovery codes at the end of setup, which can be used to regain control of your account if you experience issues with the Google Authenticator. You might want to write these down, or capture a screenshot featuring the codes.
Once you’ve linked your Ubisoft account to the Google Authenticator, and have enabled 2-Step Verification, you’ll be able to claim your completely free Thermite skin! Any time you need to access the account and get a verification code, just grab your phone. It's worth noting that Ubisoft plans to require 2-Step Verification for PC players who want to participate in Ranked matches in the near future, so you might as well enable it and get your sweet, free skin!