All of the field research quests and rewards available in Pokémon Go | November 2018
Pokémon Go's research quests reward you with a bunch of items just for playing the game.
These quests can be randomly picked up from PokéStops. You can only have three quests at a time, so be sure to hold onto the ones that you're confident you can complete.
While a lot of quests will reward you with Poké Balls, items, and more, this guide focuses on those wild Pokémon encounters that sometimes appear every month. Each one is different and can reward you with a Shiny Pokémon encounter if you're lucky enough.
This month's quests are featured below. An asterisk indicates that there's a chance to find a Shiny version of that Pokémon by completing the quest.
- Evolve two Pidgeys: Caterpie* encounter
- Evolve a Pokémon: Eevee* encounter
- Hatch any Egg: Exeggcute encounter
- Hatch three Eggs: Magmar encounter
- Hatch five Eggs: Chansey encounter
- Catch five Normal-type Pokémon: Pinsir* encounter
- Catch five Bug-type Pokémon: Nincada encounter
- Catch five Pokémon with a Weather Boost effect: Poliwag or Vulpix encounter
- Catch 10 Pokémon: Magikarp* encounter
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokémon: Dratini* encounter
- Make three Nice Curveball Throws: Spinda encounter
- Make five Great Throws in a row: Wigglytuff encounter
- Make three Great Throws: Gastly encounter
- Make three Great Throws in a row: Onix encounter
- Make five Nice Throws: Voltorb encounter
- Make three Excellent Throws in a row: Larvitar* encounter
- Battle in a Gym: Mankey encounter
- Win a Gym Battle: Charmander*, Squirtle*, or Bulbasaur* encounter
- Win three Gym Battles: Jynx encounter
- Win five Gym Battles: Machop encounter
- Use a super effective Charged Move in seven Gym Battles: Electabuzz encounter
- Win a Raid: Pineco* encounter
- Power up Pokémon five times: Charmander*, Squirtle*, or Bulbasaur* encounter