Destiny 2 - Saint-14's Perfect Paradox Shotgun in Legends Lost
Folks in the Destiny 2 Reddit community have been busy digging through all kinds of hidden data in the game. One of the more interesting items that was unearthed is the appearance of the Perfect Paradox shotgun. It appears to be related to a quest called Legends Lost, which we can expect to receive at some point from Brother Vance as part of the Lost Prophecy verses.
Lost Prophecy, Another Verse
After Guardians have forged at least 5 of the weapons at the Weapon Forge, Brother Vance will hand out one more verse, cleverly entitled “Another Verse”. This quest line has you find Saint-14 in the Infinite Forest.
In case you haven’t forged any of the Lost Prophecy weapons yet, here is a list along with links to how to get them all done:
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 1 – Garden Progeny 1
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 2 – The Conqueror 2
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 3 – Jack Queen King 3
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 4 – Machine Dei 4
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 5 – Traveler’s Judgment 5
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 6 – Sol Pariah 6
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 7 – West of Sunfall 7
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 8 – Infinite Paths 8
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 9 – Null Calamity 9
- Lost Prophecy, Verse 10 – Future Safe 10
The Legends Lost quest is a multi-step quest consisting of the following:
- Signal Light
Follow an ancient signal to its source.
- Visit Brother Vance
Tell Brother Vance about the rift of Light you found in the Infinite Forest.
- Not Even the Darkness
Enter the Infinite Forest in pursuit of Saint-14.
- Visit the Lighthouse
Tell Brother Vance about the fate of Saint-14.
The following video outlines the steps in more details. Note, it contains spoilers, so don’t watch it if you want to go into this blind.
The Perfect Paradox has a Rapid-Fire Frame, which fires full auto with deeper ammo reserves and features a faster reload when the weapon is empty.
Its first perk choices include:
- Full Choke
- Tightened barrel. Reduces projectile spread when aiming down sights at the cost of precision damage.
- Rifled Barrel
- Increases range
- Greatly decreases handling speed
- Smooth shotgun barrel. Greatly increases range at the cost of more projectile spread.
Your choices for the second perk include:
- Flared Magwell
- Slightly increases stability
- Greatly increases reload speed
- Steady Rounds
- Greatly increases stability
- Slightly decreases range
- Accurized Rounds
- Increases range
Finally, the Perfect Paradox includes the Rampage perk, which allows kills with this weapon to temporarily grant increased damage.
Whether or not you like the perks, having the legendary Saint-14’s shotgun at your disposal should excite even the grumpiest of Guardians!