Where to Find All Artifacts in God of War
Artifacts are a common type of collectible in God of War. The items vary based on what artifact collection they belong to and are generally confined to a specific region of the world. One of the best reasons for collecting the artifacts is that they are worth significant amounts of Hacksilver when sold at a shop. This guide will show you where to find all the artifacts, broken down by collection.
Lost and Found (Wildwoods)
All four of these children’s toys are found in the Wildwoods, the starting area of God of War.
1. The very first artifact is located in the main front yard of Kratos’ house, just on the other side of a large tree.
2. While following Atreus on the deer hunt, this toy is sitting at the bottom of the first set of stairs you’ll ever encounter.
3. A little bit further on from the previous one, you’ll find a path that loops around the right-hand side. It is there that you will find this third artifact.
4. During the hunt, you will find yourself in a room with a chain to pull in order to open a gate. In the opposite direction of that gate is another door. Go through it and fight off some wolves in order to collect the final piece of the Lost and Found artifact collection.
The Faces of Magic (The River Pass)
There are a total of nine masks to find in order to complete The Faces of Magic artifacts collection. All of them are found in The River Pass region but you will have to progress through the story a far bit to find them all.
1. Once you first reach the Witch’s Cave, drop down the left side and find a stack of movable rocks. Pull and push them into the water and then jump the gap to find this mask.
2. Located at the edge of a cliff quite a while into the trek through The River Pass.
3. After leaving Brok’s shop and passing through a gate, make a left in the tunnels and find it at the dead end.
4. Early in this chapter you’re pursuing a boar through several burned out houses. One of the left most ones can be broken down completely and behind it you’ll find another artifact.
5. After returning to the Witch’s Cave a second time and climbing out of the well, this mask is sitting next to a dead body just along the path you have to take.
6. After first getting to Brok’s shop, turn around and head towards the left, jump off a small ledge and check for a dead body.
7. In the caves, quite a while before ever meeting Brok, you’ll find a mask at a dead body.
8. When returning to the Witch’s House, there’s a chain that can be climbed up on the left. A dead body is sitting at the foot of some trees. The artifact can be hard to see but when you get close, you should get the button prompt.
9. Shortly before first meeting Brok on the bridge, there’s a chain that can be climbed down to a lower ledge. At the end of it you will find this artifact.
Abandon Ship (Shores of Nine)
Most of the ship heads that make up the Abandon Ship artifact collection are found in and around the Shores of Nine region.
1. Found at the top of the rock at Isle of Death after clearing some debris by causing an explosion.
2. You’ll find this ship head at the Helheim Tower dock in the north of Lake of Nine. Take the elevator up and look for the dead body.
3. At the Stone Falls on the eastern shore of Lake of Nine, you’ll fight a few enemies and can scale a short ledge next to a gate.
4. At the Cliffs of Raven dock, climb up a chain and find a dead body near a cipher chest.
5. At the Lookout Tower in the south of Lake of Nine, there’s a dead body surrounded by spikes. Use your axe to hit the panel up above to lower the spikes and gain access to the artifact.
6. Found next to the Mystic Gateway atop the Nilfheim Realm Tower.
7. Another ship head is located at the top of the elevator at the Alfheim Tower.
8. Once you’ve met Brok at Tyr’s Temple, head down the staircase on the east side and look for the ship head near a dead body.
9. At the Forgotten Shores, climb up a chain on the left side and look for this artifact.
Spoils of War (Lake of Light)
This artifact collection can be found in and around the Lake of Light in the Alfheim realm.
1. This artifact is found at the Light Elf Shore on the west side of the lake. When you first reach the lake, hang a left and dock there. Then look on the right.
2. At the Light Elf Sanctuary, after solving a few puzzles, you’ll end up on an upper ledge from where you destroy three vines. Once they’re gone, you’ll see the artifact.
3. Once inside the lake, there’s a dark room where you have to knock down a light crystal. In the cell straight ahead is this artifact.
4. After leaving the temple and riding the elevator to the upper level, check the cells.
5. After having lower a portion of floor with a wheel, freeze it and head into the tunnel. In the circular room with yet another wheel, one of the rooms will have a dead elf with the artifact.
6. After reactivating the main light bridge, shortly after fighting a troll, take the bridge heading to a dead end on the left and you’ll find another artifact.
Bottoms Up (The Mountain)
Six Ornate Cups are scattered around the mountain in Midgard and make up the Bottoms Up artifact collection.
1. This artifact is found inside the dark caves near some runes by breaking through a barricaded door and destroying a cart.
2. After leaving Sindri’s shop and shooting a crystal to free a bucket, you’ll find this cup behind it.
3. Once you cross the ridge near the summit, before climbing the rock face, take the path down the left side until the end to liberate an ornate cup from a long dead corpse.
4. On your second trip up the mountain after fighting a frost giant.
5. In the mines when you’ve pushed the huge mine cart, a spiked door will be revealed that you can ope with your axe.
6. In the room with the large claw, accessed from the top via the world’s longest elevator ride, there is an area sealed off with sap that can be exploded to allow entry to where the artifact lies. If you are able to, fast travel into the Hidden Chamber of Odin in the mountain and just step outside and you’ll be in the right place.
Family Heirloom (Helheim)
These artifacts are found through the region of Helheim, which you get to visit at least twice during the God of War campaign.
1. Just before a large fight near some weapon stands on the side of a pillar.
2. Located just outside of the Hidden Chamber of Odin, next to a raven.
3. Immediately upon entering through the first gate, in the right corner.
4. Inside the Hidden Chamber of Odin on the upper level.
5. Found hanging below a bridge that you cross underneath after a fight. Burn the roots holding it in place.
Horns of Veithurgard (Veithurgard)
All six of these artifacts are found in the Veithurgard region, an area just off the east side of Lake of Nine. It will be accessible later in the game after the lake’s water has been lowered twice. All the artifacts are easy to find and the area is filled with fun activities.
1. Just before a broken bridge in front of many runes on the south beach near the dragon.
2. Just to the left of the dragon are some boxes. Behind them is the dead body with this horn.
3. At the very end of dock at the south beach.
4. On the east side ledges of the southern beach behind a barricaded doorway.
5. Inside the building with the rune door, there’s a lever that drains water from a room and exposes this horn.
6. Up the stairs on the left after opening the large door protected by runes at the south beach by the dragon.
This completes the list of all artifacts we have found in God of War. Don’t forget to sell these artifacts to Brok or Sindri to earn a lot of Hacksilver. They’re not useful for anything else, and you don’t have to worry about breaking your collection by selling them. You can also visit our God of War Guide Hub for help with many of the other collectibles.