Where to Find All Jotnar Shrines in God of War
Lore plays a large part of God of War‘s story telling and much of it is learned throughout exploring the environment. Jotnar Shrines make up one of the many collectibles that can be hunted for and provide added understanding to the way that Atreus and his mother lived. Jötnar are the plural of Jötunn, which in Norse mythology refers to a giant or troll of some kind. There are a total of 11 Jotnar Shrines that can be found in God of War.
Wildwoods Jötnar Shrines
1. You will come across the very first Jötnar Shrine during the deer hunt in the Wildwoods. It’s a little bit off the main path but easy to spot. It provides the Skoll and Hati lore entry.
The River Pass Jötnar Shrines
1. During your trip through The River Pass, you’ll go through various caves. Just before finding a Nornir Chest on the right side, head left and you’ll find this Jötnar Shrine at the back wall. It provides the Hrungnir lore entry.
Shores of Nine Jötnar Shrines
1. As you’re leaving Tyr’s Temple and are heading towards the mountain, after crossing the bridge and passing through a large door, there is a barricade on the left of the room that can be destroyed. This Jötnar Shrine provides the Jormungandr lore entry.
2. At the Lookout Tower, enter via the lower dock and climb all the way up and ride the zipline down to this one.
The Mountain Jötnar Shrines
1. After leaving Sindri’s shop, you’ll pass it on the left behind World Tree Sap. In the next room is a root you can pick up and throw at the sap, then shoot it with shock arrows to provide access. You’ll learn about the Ymir lore entry after reading this Jötnar Shrine.
Temple of Tyr Jötnar Shrines
1. After taking the platform down in the Hall of Tyr, turn around and it’ll be there on the wall.
Veithurgard Jötnar Shrines
1. Straight ahead behind the large gate protected by runes at the south beach to the left of the dragon.
Thamur’s Corpse Jötnar Shrines
1. Immediately inside the Hidden Chamber of Odin on the left wall.
Lake of Light Jötnar Shrines
1. Right next to the shop at the ringed temple.
Konunsgard Jötnar Shrines
1. Inside the stronghold at Konunsgard in the first room on the right.
Muspelheim Jötnar Shrines
1. The final shrine you’re likely to discover is located in the Muspelheim realm and can be found right next to Brok’s shop at the end of the temple bridge.
Now that you’ve discovered all the Jötnar Shrines in God of War, you’ll be much more well-versed in the Norse mythology that Kratos and Atreus live in. If you’re looking for more collectibles or advice, be sure to visit our Guide Hub.