Where to Find All Lore Markers in God of War
Alright folks, this is going to be a long guide, so let’s get right to it. The lore in God of War is told to the player in several different ways, including in the form of these Lore Markers that can be found just about everywhere. They take the form of scrolls, runes, and writings etched into standing stones. Kratos says he can read but chooses not to, so Atreus is doing all the deciphering. Each time you read a Lore Marker, a lore entry will be added to your journal. I love how they’re written from the perspective of Atreus, so they’re definitely worth a read. Since the game keeps track of which Lore Markers you’ve read in each region, let’s get down to business and look at where to find them all.
The River Pass Lore Markers
1. After a battle with enemies before scaling a short wall.
2. After another battle with enemies and before climbing up further.
3. After fighting the Daudi at a Nornir chest, on the left. Send Atreus up the wall and climb up the chain.
4. Found while climbing out of the well in Witch’s Cave.
5. When exiting the well, there’s a light crystal behind it needed to power it.
6. Just outside of the Witch’s house next to a chain.
Shores of Nine Lore Markers
1. Found at the Iron Cove hidden area dock in Shores of Nine.
2. At the top of the rock on Isle of Death.
3. At the Forgotten Caverns beach.
4. At the Cliffs of the Raven in the south east of Lake of Nine.
5. Inside a dark room after climbing up a wall on the left of where Fafnir was imprisoned.
Volunders Mines Lore Markers
1. After going through the crack in the cave, it’s just on the other side.
2. On the wall in the area of Brok’s shop.
3. On the way out of the mines right after defeating the Soul Eater.
Lake of Light Lore Markers
1. Just after entering Alfheim on the right-hand side.
2.After heading underneath the blue door on a wall just before jumping over a gap.
The Mountain Lore Markers
1. Inside a room requiring a light crystal after crossing over a bridge near the Nornir Chest.
2. Located on the back side of the statue inside the mountain after making it around to the other side.
3. While climbing a wall, it’s literally in front of you.
4. In the room with the giant claw on the right side on the back of a big wooden block.
5. Just after crossing the bridge, locked behind sap, blow it up to read it.
6. Found inside the mountain when heading left at the sand bowl. Take a light crystal to activate it.
7. Located when making your way back up the mountain, after riding an elevator and sending Atreus up through a small hole to drop a chain.
Isle of Death Lore Markers
1. Sitting atop the lower shipwreck. You must climb to the top rock and ride down a rope to clear access to it.
Veithurgard Lore Markers
1. Just after climbing the wall and finding Brok on the right.
2. After crawling through a tunnel and fighting three wolves.
3. Immediately to the right of the previous lore marker.
4. On the path to the dragon at the southern beach.
5. To the left of a large door protected by runes.
6. Inside the area behind the rune-protected gate, after the room where you drain the water.
Thamur’s Corpse Lore Markers
1. After climbing back out into the open, on the right hand side.
Tyr’s Temple Lore Markers
1. Found inside Tyr’s Vault when looking for the Black Rune.
2. Inside the hallways while getting to the chain on the right underneath the Hall of Tyr.
3. Inside the room with the chain on the left underneath the Hall of Tyr.
Northri Stronghold Lore Markers
1. After getting through the gate, dock and climb up on the right side of the beach.
Konunsgard Lore Markers
1. Shortly after entering the region on a grassy area that you’re walking by.
2. Behind the rune door just after crossing a small wooden bridge.
That’s all, folks! Those are all the Lore Markers we’ve found in God of War. To help you hunt down other collectibles in your attempt to complete everything there is to do, be sure to visit our God of War Guide Hub.