Where to Find All Mystic Gateways in God of War
Fast travel is not really a thing in God of War. The closest to that is the network of Mystic Gateways that exist all over the world and allow Kratos and Atreus to slip into a “Realm between Realms” in order to quickly traverse large distances. This network isn’t fully available to players until late in the game, but you might as well discover the Mystic Gateways early on. In fact, you’ll always be able to use it to head to Brok’s shop in Tyr’s Temple in the middle of Midgard. That alone is a handy little trick! Let’s have a look at where we can find Mystic Gateways, and don’t worry if you miss any, you’ll be able to return to any area at a later time.
Tyr’s Temple Mystic Gateways
1. Brok’s Shop – Located in Tyr’s Temple, this is the very first Mystic Gateway you encounter. You can always return here from any of the other gateways.
The Mountain Mystic Gateways
1. The Summit – After leaving the peak with Mirmir’s head, head down the path in the back.
Wildwoods Mystic Gateways
1. Home – This is Kratos’ and Atreus’ home location.
The River Pass Mystic Gateways
1. The Witch’s Cave Upper Level – Found when rowing back to the witch’s cave from Lake of Nine.
Northri Stronghold Mystic Gateways
1. Northri Gorge – Once Lake of Nine has been lowered all the way, row straight north through a narrow cave.
2. Northri Stronghold – After unlocking a gate along at the region’s previous mystic gate with the Unity Stone, you can dock here.
Ruins of the Ancient Mystic Gateways
1. Ruins of the Ancient – Immediately after docking at the north end of Lake of Nine.
Konunsgard Mystic Gateways
1. King’s Hollow – Travel through the cave at Forgotten Caverns in Lake of Nine to reach this gate.
2. Konunsgard – On the western edge at the foot of a tower
Fafnir’s Storeroom Mystic Gateways
1. Fafnir’s Storeroom Entrance – Reached by rowing your boat into Fafnir’s Ravine in the north east part of Lake of Nine.
Shores of Nine Mystic Gateways
Note: There seems to be some strange overlap in the game’s collection menus on the map. Some of these Mystic Gateways are also counted in individual areas, such as Stone Falls. It’s a little confusing.
1. Nilheim Realm Tower – Located atop the Nilfheim Tower.
2. Lookout Tower – At the Lookout Tower once the water has been lowered twice.
3. Muspelheim Realm Tower – At the Muspelheim Realm Tower (surprise!)
4. Volunder Mines – At the Volunder Mines once water is lowered twice.
5. Stone Falls – At Stone Falls there is a Mystic Gateway with its namesake.
6. Alfheim Realm Tower – At the Alfheim Real Tower is another Mystic Gateway.
7. Mason’s Channel – At The Mason’s Channel you’ll find this gateway.
8. Forgotten Caverns – At Forgotten Caverns named after its location.
Thamur’s Corpse Mystic Gateways
1. Mason Entrance – Right at the North Dock.
2. Mason Finale – At the dock near the south accessed via the Mason’s Channel.
Council of Valkyries Mystic Gateways
1. Council of Valkyries – After crossing the bridge in the area with the 8 thrones.
Veithurgard Mystic Gateways
1. Veithurgard – On the beach at the south of the lake.
Landsuther Mines Mystic Gateways
1. Landsuther Mines – At Brok’s shop.
That’s all the Mystic Gateways we’ve stumbled across so far. If you’ve explored any of the Hidden Chambers of Odin, you may have seen that there are Mystic Gateways inside there as well. They’re designed to let you quickly get back from one of them, or to get to them later in the game when you’re strong enough to take on the Valkyries. In the meantime, feel free to check out our God of War Guide Hub for more helpful tips and tricks.