Metro Exodus: How To Disassemble And Clean The Weapons
Dismantling the weapons and cleaning them in Metro Exodus are two essential tasks that must be done to survive the hell of radioactive Russia. Dismantling the weapons in Metro Exodus offers crafting materials, which you will always need. The cleaning of the guns, however, is necessary to keep the weapon reliable and in good condition.
A dirty weapon also makes it less reactive and harder to handle. The trouble is that if you're playing Ranger Hardcore, the game does not tell you the button with which to clean and disassemble the weapons. That being the case, here is our Metro Exodus guide on how to disassemble and clean the weapons, in case you're playing Ranger Hardcore with difficulty and are having trouble understanding some of the controls.
How to disassemble the weapons in Metro Exodus
To disassemble the weapons in Metro Exodus, these are the actions to be taken step by step:
- Step 1: All you have to do is approach the weapon you want to dismount.
- Step 2: Once you have approached the weapon, press a button according to the device you are using: PlayStation 4 (Circle), PC (R) and Xbox One (B).
- Step 3: What you are not told is that you do not merely have to press the button. Instead, you must hold down the button for a couple of seconds near the weapon you want to dismantle. After a while, you will get your materials.
- Step 3 (Bonus): If you are playing any difficulty below Hardcore Ranger, the game will show you the required button, plus a handy counter, so you know how long you need to hold down the button. On Hardcore Ranger, things are much more complicated because there are no instructions on the screen. Then approach the weapon, keep it in the character's view and hold down the button corresponding to the console you are playing on until your character collects the waste material.
How to clean the guns in Metro Exodus
To clean the guns in Metro Exodus, these are the actions to be taken step by step:
- Step 1: You will need to access a workbench. They are unlocked after going through the game, around Chapter 3. You can find workbenches in safe houses, which are marked on the map as greenhouses, scattered all over the place.
- Step 2: However, once you get to a workbench, approach it.
- Step 3: Activate the edit menu and select the icon at the top of the gun. The cleaning of the gun will be the first option. The game offers you a cleaning indicator on the left. The more complete it is, the cleaner is the gun. You can also switch between the guns in use.
- Step 4: To clean the gun, you must hold Square on PlayStation 4, R on PC, and X on Xbox One.
Why Clean Weapons?
In Metro Exodus, when your weapons accumulate grime from overuse or exposure to damaging environments, they will become less effective. Specifically, the damage output and accuracy of weapons will decrease as they get increasingly dirty. Eventually, when not taken care of, dirty weapons can even become completely ruined.
What Can Make Weapons Dirty in Metro Exodus?
Many of the things you would expect to damage weapons in real-life do the same in-game. Sand, water, dust, and mud will all cause your weapons to degrade. We’ll avoid spoilers, but you can imagine that any areas containing a large amount of the stuff above will gunk up your guns pretty fast.
There are probably even more weapon-ruining things out there in the Russian wastes that we haven’t discovered yet. Let us know in the comments if you come across more weapon-degrading substances in the Metro Exodus world.