Sekiro - How To Get All Four Endings
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has four different endings. Like many From Software games that have come before it, they can be complicated, dramatically impact game length, and can be very easy to mess up.
If you wish to experience them all, it helps to know exactly what to do at major points in the game. In this guide, we break down how to achieve all four of the endings, for those of you who wish to experience Sekiro in its entirety. Now, it should go without saying that if you read on, it is spoiler season. As such, do so at your own risk.
How To Get All Four Endings
This one will result in the shortest game and will cut off entire portions of the content. When you return to Ashina Castle with all the items you need to help Kuro undo his immortality, you will find the Great Shinobi Owl waiting for you on the roof. You can choose to follow him, forsaking Kuro's wishes. This will set you on the path to the Shura ending. This means you cannot get Kuro's Charm for your next playthrough.
Immortal Severance Ending
When you meet the Great Shinobi Owl, you can tell him that you will not follow him, and instead stay loyal to Kuro. This will set off a chain of events involving a new area, some great boss fights, and the eventual Immortal Severance ending.
Now, both this ending and the Shura ending, are mostly simple affairs, centering around a single choice. From here, things get a little more complicated.
These steps take place after you side with Kuro against the Great Shinobi Owl. It is considered to be a better ending than the Immortal Severance.
- Follow the smoke to find Isshin, eavesdrop on him and Emma.
- Go to an Idol and rest, then eavesdrop on Lord Kuro in his room.
- Talk to Emma about Lord Kuro.
- Find an Idol, rest, then speak with Emma again.
- Go to the Old Graves Idol, and speak with Emma who will now be there.
- Return to the Dilapidated Temple, speak to Emma, and then to the Sculptor.
- Now, walk around the back of the Temple and eavesdrop on their conversation.
- Speak with Emma, and you will get a bell.
- Use the bell, then follow through on the rest of the story.
This is the most awkward ending but would be considered the best possible one. It is super awkward and is very easy to mess up, so it is possible that you may need a dedicated playthrough to see it.
- You will need the Holy Tome: Infested item. To get this, you can either speak to the monk near the Main Hall Idol if you have yet to beat Genichiro or you can find it in a pool of water near the Temple Grounds Idol. Once you have it, you need to give it to the Divine Child of Rejuvenating Water. You meet them after beating the Folding Screen Monkeys in the Halls of Illusion.
- Take rice from the Divine Child, and eat it. Travel out of the area, then return and take more rice. Continue to this until the Divine Child becomes ill.
- When the Divine Child becomes ill, give her Persimmons. These can be purchased from the Memorial Mob near Shugendo Idol. After this, the Divine Child will provide you with rice and ask you to give it to Kuro.
- Take the rice to Kuro in his room at Ashina Castle.
- Return to the Divine Child's Inner Sanctum to discover she is no longer there. Travel to the Hall of Illusion by using the bell.
- Find the Divine Child and talk to her, she will ask for a new Divine Tome.
- Travel to the Main Hall Idol, explore the nearby cave, and you should find the Tome.
- Take the Tome to the Divine Child. The Divine Child will now ask for two fruits.
- Go back to the start of the Senpou Temple area, where you can find the crying monk Kotaro. Drop down the cliff and use backstab and Puppeteer Ninjutsu on the Rat beside the Kite mechanism. He will now fly a kite for you.
- Move through the level until you come to the giant tree surrounded by buildings. Climb the tree, then use the kite to cross the valley.
- Move done the cliff face, then follow the caves and tunnels until you find the Dried Serpent Viscera.
- Now, travel to the Riven Cave Idol and make your way to the outskirts of the poison pools area. Find the cave behind the Memorial Mob vendor. Travel through the cave until you find the giant snake. Backstab and use Puppeteer Ninjutsu on the nearby monkey to distract the snake, then grapple up to the building and grab the Dried Serpent Viscera that is there.
- Return to the Divine Child, and give her both Dried Serpent Viscera.
- Now, rest a few times, and she should give you the Frozen Tears item.
- Follow the rest of the story as normal for the Return Ending.
That should help you get all four available endings that we know about in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.