Where to Get Special PokéBalls in Pokémon Sword and Shield
To catch any Pokémon in Pokémon Sword and Shield, you need to acquire Pokéballs of all variations. Some of these PokéBalls specialize in capturing specific Pokémon, providing you with a better chance of adding all of them to your collection.
You can find all variety of PokéBalls throughout the Galar region. You start with the standard PokéBall, and then work up to a Great Ball, and then an Ultra Ball. Those are your bread and butter of PokéBall choices, with each version giving you a higher chance of capturing your target. They unlock as you progress through the game, and you find them in the new towns you visit while proceeding through the story.
Some of these towns do have specialty PokéBalls, which you want to use for specific occasions.
- The Dive Ball is available in Hammerlocke. You want to use it against Water-type Pokémon
- The Dusk Ball is available in Hammerlocke. You want to use it against Pokémon you're trying to catch at night or inside of a cave
- The Heal Ball is available in Motostoke. Capturing a Pokémon with this PokéBall heals them and cures them of any status effects
- The Luxury Ball is available in Wyndon. Catching a Pokémon with this PokéBall makes them more friendly toward you
- The Nest Ball is available Motostoke. It makes it easier to capture lower-level Pokémon than the ones you're using to fight them in the wild
- The Net Ball is available in Motostoke. You want to use it against Water or Bug-type Pokémon
- The Quick Ball is available in Wyndon. You want to use this PokéBall at the start of an encounter to have a better chance of capturing the Pokémon
- The Repeat Ball is available in Wyndon. You want to use it on Pokémon you've already captured
- The Timer Ball is available in Hammerlocke. You want to use this PokéBall the longer a battle takes
You can find those PokéBalls in the towns mentioned. Go to the town's Pokémon Centers, and to the right of the entrance; there's a Mart. Speak to the vendors to browse through their inventory. They should have plenty of PokéBalls available for sale. The later you visit a town due to the game's story, you can find the Great and Ultra Balls.
However, the PokéBalls do not only show up in those towns. You can visit the Watt Vendors scattered throughout the Wild Area to grab a few of them. Unfortunately, their inventory changes every day, and you need Watts to purchase them. There are a few approaches you can take to farm Watts in the game, but it's different than money.