Here is the complete guide to fix, troubleshoot errors, issues you face during Ghost Recon Phantoms installation, gameplay etc. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Phantoms also known as Ghost Recon Online is a third-person multiplayer title for Microsoft Windows PCs. Please note following Ghost Recon Phantoms errors guide is not complete with listing of all issues, we will keep adding as more problems are reported by Ghost Recon Phantoms players.
You are free to comment below for alternative fix for Ghost Recon Phantoms errors and issues and we will be happy to add your solutions to this list.
- Ghost Recon Phantoms minimum system requirements
- Black screen, “Mode Not Supported”
- Connection Failure. Error: 8005000b or 80050002
- Lost connection… Error: 97D60006 or 97D6007 or 97D6008
- Error Code 800a00003
- Error Code 80030067
- Crashes, lags, low FPS
For any functional issue, lags, crashes you should first verify if your system meets minimum requirements for playing Ghost Recon Phantoms:
- Operating System: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3) / Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2) / Windows 7 (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
- Processor: Intel Pentium D 2.66 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+
- Memory: 2 GB Windows XP / 3 GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
- Graphic card: 256 MB DirectX-compliant, Shader Model 3.0-enabled video card
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card
- HDD: 6 GB of free disk space
- Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse
- Internet speed: 512kbps or higher (upstream and downstream)
- Internet browser: Internet Explorer 9 (Windows Vista/Windows 7)
- Internet Explorer 8 (Windows XP)
- Framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Cause of problem is you running Ghost Recon Phantoms in too high resolution which your display unit (Monitor) does not supports and you need to lower down resoltution settings. Either you can change settings and select a lower resolution or you can try running game in Windowed Mode where you can adjust video settings side by side to your screen resolution. To play Ghost Recon Phantoms Windowed mode in a Game installation path, go to PDC-Live -> GraphicSettings.ini and change ‘Windowed=1’ .
Disable your Antivirus and try, if it works then you need another anti-virus for now or keep it disable while playing. Most Antivirus comes with Exception list where you can add Ghost Recon Phantoms to keep it out of radar of your Antivirus real time scans.
This error comes when you loose connection mostly because of your internet connection problems, you can test speed of your internet at services like speedtest.net. Second thing you can do is copy logs from C:\Ubisoft\GRO\PDC-live\Logs and Cotact Ubisoft support team.
This error means your firewall or anti-virus settings are not allowing you to play Ghost Recon Phantoms online. This may happen if you didn’t allow communication through firewall while installing or launching the game. If you don’t get any firewall or antivirus pop-up then one more thing you can try is editing your host file, for that follow following easy steps with great precaution:
- Go to following path in your Windows PC: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
- Copy hosts file and paste on your desktop and open it in notepad to edit.
- Remove everything below this line ‘127.0.0.1 Localhost’ , make sure you create proper backup. Now hit save and close notepad.
- Copy and replace edited hosts file to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
- Now launch Ghost Recon Phantoms and enjoy the game.
If you got 80030067 error means you have been really really bad gamer by violating Ghost Recon Phantoms terms and conditions. 80030067 error code means you have been suspended for a bad gameplay. If you think you were playing just fine and this banned is wrong over you then, all you can do is contact official support at Ubisoft.
There are many reasons to low FPS in Ghost Recon Phantoms online play, such as low internet speed, players teleporting on the map, delays in statics, being shot behind wall, delays in statics etc. You can’t do anything about it, as it’s all known issues and you have to wait for official patches to come, except improving internet speed by contacting your ISP.
If you any more issues then we will be happy to help you out, please feel free to post your issues, suggestions in comments below.