If you bought a brand new Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter for amazingly enhanced sound quality for playing games, you will have to update your Xbox One Controller to support the new Adapter.
Features of Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter :
- An Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is already included with new stereo headsets designed for Xbox
- Most stereo gaming headsets with a 3.5mm audio jack (that use the CTIA plug standard) can get chat
- No need to connect anything to the console or TV/ receiver. A microphone is required for chat.
- Legacy stereo gaming headsets for Xbox 360 can get game audio by connecting the legacy stereo
Here is a step by step guide on how to update Xbox One Controller manually to support Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter:
Tip: By reading this tip you will never lose your Xbox One Controller! The October 2014 firmware update added a new feature which helps you locate your lost controller by just asking the Xbox to find the controller. Your Controller will start vibrating and the humming becomes be easy to locate.
- Start you console and sign into Xbox Live, if your console needs an update, you’ll be prompted to install one.
- Connect the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to the bottom of your controller
- Connect a headset to the adapter, to turn it on
- Insert the bigger end of the USB cable into the port on the side of the console
- Insert the smaller end of the USB cable into the top of the controller
- Now you will be prompted to install the update, it will take upto 3-4 minutes, if you are not then here is a video on how to update a Xbox One controller manually:
7. After completing this process for one controller you can repeat it for as many controllers as you have just by selecting Update another button on the screen
8. If you are using a wireless controller, switch it on and connect the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. Now follow the instructions given above for completing the update process.