This is the error we face mostly when we install Steam and we start updating the installation via steam online. I got an email of user asking regarding the solution to this problem, so i thought to make this article to help all Steam gamers to get rid of this problem.
You may face issues like:
- Unable to load library Steam.dll, because of Steam.dll absence in Valve\Steam folder.
- Steam attempts to update repeatedly by restarting update after coming on some progress, like 27%.
- And similar error is Steam.exe (main exception): ERROR: deleted Steam.exe, but the file is still there!!!
Cause: Main reason of this error is lack of user permissions, like you can face this errors if your Steam.exe is set to Read Only permission. And it can also happen if some program is interfering with Steam installation process.
Solution: For all above cases you have to perform the actions mentioned below:
1) Make sure that you have Login in your PC with Admin user permission to install the Steam.
2) Check Steam.exe permissions:
- Right-click on the Steam.exe and then go to -> Properties
- Look for the ‘Read Only’ check-box and make sure that its Unchecked, if its checked then make it Uncheck. Now click on Apply -> Ok.
- Now run your Steam.exe and see if the problem is resolved or not.
3) Check your firewall settings:
- If you have installed any firewall or antivirus program in your system then make sure that Steam.exe is not added in the block list of those programs.
- For default Windows Firewall go to Control panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions and then check the Steam.exe and Click on Ok.
- The procedure to check the block programs list is different for all firewall programs.
Feel free to ask any doubts and sending your issues to us by our contact form, we will try to help you best from our side.