Kinect navigation Gestures is one of the most amazing features of Xbox One console that makes it truly stand out and allows us to command our console with our body parts. Move your hands and the game/console reacts. It’s not only limited to games but also to different aspects of the console like opening the system menu or notification screens or zooming in and out of the screen. Not only does it look and feel awesome to control gaming in this manner but it is the easier way of completing those actions.
Xbox One Kinect offers six basic navigation gestures through which you can easily control it:
- Opening system menu
- Opening notifications
- Open your hands parallel to the sides of your screen and close your hand into a fist then bring them closer.
- Raise your palm in front of the Kinect sensor. Move it on the item you want to select and then push your arm forward, towards the screen.
- Raise your palm in front of the Kinect sensor. When you see the hand icon, close your hand into a fist and move in the direction you want to scroll.
Opening system menu
- Raise your palm in front of the Kinect sensor. Move your arm forward as if pushing something and hold till you see a circle timer. After this timer completes the system menu will open. Now make a selection of your choice.
- Hold out your hands in fists and pull away from each other.
- Raise your palm in front of the Kinect sensor. When you see the hand icon close your hand into a fist on the area which you wish to zoom. Pull your fist away from the screen to zoom in and towards the screen to zoom out. Please keep in mind that zoom feature may not available on all apps.