The MGS V: The Phantom Pain will continue the complex saga of the Snake soldier line, connecting storylines from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, and the rest of the Metal Gear timeline. The game is scheduled to launch on September 1 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3. There are many collectibles such as diamonds, shipping containers, blueprint boxes, Cassette Tapes and many more.
Cassette Tapes are one of the collectibles in the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and they can either contain some news/information or music. Here is the Guide to show all the locations where you can find the cassette tapes in the game.
The info tapes contain the information about the invasion of Afghanistan, the Scorched Earth Operation or Ocelot’s briefings. You get them as a reward for doing a mission and some are scattered across the map.
The music tapes contain nothing but the game’s original soundtrack, and some iconic tracks from the eighties. They are mostly found in the decks of the enemy camps. When you hear it, follow the music and get it. Other Music tapes which can be found outside in wild such as
Maneater – Hall & Oates
Found at the south-western region of Afghanistan, in Lamar Khaate Palace. On the second floor of the rightmost part of the building, it is on a table.
True – Spandau Ballet
Found at a small village in the southern part of Afghanistan, in Da Shago Kallai.(Part of mission where you need to eliminate a certain Specnaz commander)
Snake Eater Cassette Location:
The wait is finally over for Snake Eater Cassette Location in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. We have discovered it, it’s near the South-most end of the Africa map, in Outpost 21 in Africa. You can check out the screenshot of Map showing Snake Eater Cassette Location in The Phantom Pain HERE.
List Of Cassette In Afghanistan
Love Will Tear Us Apart:
This is located in the Afghanistan Central Base Camp.
Maneater – Hall & Oates
You can get this at Lamar Khaate Palace
Take On Me
This is located at Yakho Oboo Supply Outpost.
Only Time Will Tell
To get this you need to move to the Eastern Communications Post.
She Blinded Me with Science
This is located at a checkpoint which leads to north-east from Di Wiallo Kalai.
Ride a White Horse
Towards the north side of Lamar Khaate Palace there is a checkpoint, just keep following that path and to reach it, this tape will be located there.
This is located at a bridge on the Mountain Relay Base. You will get it at the one side of the bridge.
The Final Countdown
You will have access to this at Qarya Sakhra Ee.
Kids in America – Kim Wilde
This is located in the main building of the Do Shago Kallai base camp. To be more precise, it is located in Da Shago Kallai towards South-West corner of the terrain.
List of Cassette In Africa
Friday I’m In Love
This is located at Lufwa Valley’s Mansion.
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)
This is located in a small enemy outpost in far east of the African map towards the north side of Lufwa Valley.
This is located at Kunenga Mine.
Dancing with Tears in my Eyes
This is located at Ditadi Abandoned Village.
This is located at Kiziba Camp.
This is located at Mfinda Oilfield.
This is the final update to this post, here’s a list of all 41 Music Tapes in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and how to get or where to find them
- Scouting Barren Lands / By default
- Journey to Point C-5 / By default
- Sands / By default
- Dreamt of an Eclipse / By default
- Afghanistan’s a Big Place / By default
- MGO Trailer Music / By default
- Richard Wagner: “Ride of the Valkyries” from The Valkyrie -ACT III- (excerpt) / By default
- Heavens Divide / During Mission 30, on the elevator just before you reach Skull Face
- Koi no Yokushiryoku (Love Deterrence) / In Da Ghwandai Khar, in the building where you find Miller during Mission 01
- Gloria / Nova Braga Airport, inside a building on the airport’s eastern side
- Kids in America / Da Shago Kallai, outside the main building
- Rebel Yell – 1999 Digital Remaster / Mountain Relay Base, just to the west of the bridge
- The Final Countdown / Qarya Sakhra Ee, inside a small building on the eastern side of the village
- Nitrogen / Serak Power Plant, inside the northernmost building
- Take On Me / Yakho Oboo Outpost, inside a room in the western wing of the outpost
- Ride A White Horse / Lamar Khaate Palace, North Guard Post
- Maneater / Lamar Khaate Palace, under the tent canopy in front of the palace
- A Phantom Pain / Wakh Sind Barracks, inside one of the huts to the northeast
- Only Time Will Tell / Eastern Communications Post
- Behind the Drapery / Da Wialo Kallai
- Love Will Tear Us Apart / Afghanistan Central Base Camp
- All the Sun Touches / Munoko ya Nioka Station
- True / Kungenga Mine
- Take The D.W. / Da Smasai Laman, under a canopy close to the amphitheater
- Friday I’m In Love / Lufwa Valley, inside the mansion
- Midnight Mirage / Bampeve Plantation, inside the northernmost building
- Dancing With Tears In My Eyes / Ditadi Abandoned Village, beneath the canopy at the foot of the rock peak
- The Tangerine / Spugmay Keep, East Guard Post
- Planet Scape / Sakhra Ee Village, South Guard Post
- How ’bout them zombies ey? / Bwala ya Masa, inside the easternmost building
- Snake Eater / Munoko ya Nioka Station, West Guard Post
- 204836 / Kungenga Mine, SW Guard Post
- You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) / Lufwa Valley, NW Guard Post
- Quiet Life / Mfinda Oilfield, inside the southeastern building
- She Blinded Me With Silence / Wialo Village, NE Guard Post
- Dormant Stream / Smasai Fort, West Guard Post
- Too Shy / Kiziba Camp, inside the tent by the anti-air radar
- METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER Main Theme / In the Quarantine Platform’s basement during Mission 43
- The Man Who Sold The World / Complete Mission 46
- Sins of the Father / Complete Mission 30
- Quiet’s Theme / At the end of Mission 45, follow the footprints in the sand until you trigger a cutscene