Red Dead Redemption 2 is a massive game and there are a ton of things to do in the game for the players. This means you have to be well aware of what action each button of the PS4/Xbox One controller does in the game. We have a dedicated guide on Red Dead Redemption 2 Controls – it lists the official control layout of the game. Few buttons of the control perform multiple actions and which action will be executed depends on the way you press the button i.e. HOLD, PRESS, LIGHT PRESS, and so on.
Sadly, there are few Red Dead Redemption 2 Controls that are a bit annoying because of the way players have to execute it in the game (not the expected key is assigned to execute the control, and so on).
5 Best RDR 2 Control Tweaks To Improve Gameplay
In this guide, we have listed 5 Important Red Dead Redemption 2 Control Tweaks to make your life easier in the game. The tweaks are related to how to change “Tapping X To Sprint”, some control tweaks when you are playing the game in third-person and first-person perspective, and camera menu.
RDR 2 Control Tweak For Sprint | Remove Tapping X To Sprint
- Step 1: Go to “Third Person Controls”
- Step 2: Change Control Scheme to “Standard FPS”. This step will replace Sprint Control from X/A to the Left Control Stick and Crouching to X/A.
- Step 3: Go to “Accessibility” -> “Running Mode” and change this option to “Toggle To Run”. This will eliminate the requirement of holding down the button to sprint.
- Step 4: What the above the steps will do – no more Holding the X to walk/jog and mash it to sprint. Now, to walk/jog you just have to click the STICK once, and click the STICK TWICE to sprint.
If you are in a Sprint mode and wants to move to the jog/walk mode, all you have to do click the STICK, let off the stick a little and you go back to walking.
RDR 2 Control Tweaks To Improve Movement And Camera
Follow the tweaks below to improve the movement and camera controls in the third-person and first-person perspective.
Best RDR 2 Third Person Control Tweaks
1: Turn “Aim/Look Dead Zone” all the way down. This tweak will remove the Input Lag you have been experiencing in the game. The best part is that the Joysticks will be more responsive.
2: Take “Aim/Look Acceleration” all the way up. With this, Aim Acceleration will be turned OFF which will impact the camera movement. You will experience that moving the camera around is much smoother.
3: Set “Aim Sensitivity” and “Look Sensitivity” Very High. These control tweaks were shared by Reddit user “MashXforwhat” and this is what he has to say about this section: “I like to have look sensitivity a notch or two below aim sensitivity. Aim sensitivity 2-3 notches below max. From here just experiment with what works for you.”
4: Aim Assist – This option as well depends on the personal choice, user MashXforwhat says: “I like to keep it one notch above 0. This one kinda depends on your play style. Following steps 1-3 should get rid of the need for aim assist, I like it because it makes the shootouts a little snappier.”
Best RDR 2 First Person Control Tweaks
1: FOV – Set the value of this all the way up. It is like a tunnel vision at its default value. Setting it up to the max value will take the look closer to what we see in standard FPS.
2: Set you First Person Controls exactly the same as the third-person controls, and this includes the “Standard FPS” control scheme. In short, you have to copy the third-person controls to the first person controls. One of the key factor to make FPS mode feel more intuitive in Red Dead Redemption 2 is setting up the acceleration high.
Best RDR 2 Control Tweaks for Camera
Disable Auto-Centering for both third-person perspective and first-person perspective camera.
Others Recommended Control Tweaks
While looting a house or when you are indoors, shift to First-Person Mode. This is because the default walking speed is faster in the first-person mode.
All thanks to Reddit user MashXforwhat for these Control Tweaks. If you have any interesting Control Tweak like this then do share that with us in the comment section below. We have listed a few interesting Red Dead Redemption 2 guide related to the controls below. Check them out as well.
- How To Get Back To Gameplay Instantly While In Menus: Tips to return to the game instantly if you are in the menu.
- How To Access Map Directly: Shortcut to access the map instantly in Red Dead Redemption 2.
- How To Fire Warning Shots With Pistols, And Turn OFF HUD: Find out which button does these job. Beware: If you went ahead with a replacement of the mini-map then there are chances that you will miss out a lot of random events.
- How To Activate Dead Eye Without Gun Drawn: A short PRO TIP that shows you how to activate Dead Eye without a gun drawn, similar to the duel mechanic.