If you want to add images to the Pillars of Eternity you can do so very easily. In this game it is possible to use any image that you wish for the character portrait. Just follow these steps and and you can easily add a custom portrait to this game.
The story of this game take place in the world of Eora, in a region placed in the southern hemisphere called the Eastern Reach, an area roughly the size of Spain.
To use Custom Portrait follow these steps
- Firstly resize your image in two sizes 210 x 330 pixels and 76 x 96 pixels. Using these fixed resolutions will make it appear out of proportion. Feel free to crop the image yo fit the proportions.
- Now you need to change the names of these files in a way that they will have same prefix but different suffix. e.g. abc_img1.png and abc_img2.png
- Your third step is to copy the files to SteamSteamAppscommonPillars of EternityPillarsOfEternity_Datadataartguiportraitsplayermale
If you want to replace the image which is already in your game follow these steps
- Be ready with the image you want to upload by following the above given steps.
- You will find current images for your characters at
SteamSteamAppscommonPillars of EternityPillarsOfEternity_Datadataartguiportraitsplayermale
SteamSteamAppscommonPillars of EternityPillarsOfEternity_Datadataartguiportraitsplayerfemale
- Now all you have to do is just rename the files with the names used for previous images and either delete or rename the old images.
If you wish to change NPC portraits and go to SteamSteamAppscommonPillars of EternityPillarsOfEternity_Datadataartguiportraits and repeat the above process.
Launch the game and check of things are on correct order.