Almost all of the gaming world is busy playing Watch Dogs. How can a few silly errors stop your from getting into this Watch Dogs race? If you are all set to play Watch Dogs, you have updated all the required drivers, fulfilled the basic system requirements, but are still getting errors, then go through the list given below to solve the most common issues of Watch Dogs.
- No sound on Watch Dogs
- DirectX 11 Error
- Watch Dogs crashes with a blue screen (BSOD Error 0xa0000001)
- The application was unable to start correctly (Error 0x000007b)
- Watch Dogs doesn’t work, not starting
- Windows Vista SP1 or better required Error
- UPlay / Multiplayer connection issues and “Unrecoverable error”
- Low FPS with NVidia SLI and shuttering
First of all make sure that minimum amount if disturbance is being caused. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button.
If you still cant hear any sound, then increase the volume of the speakers, click the speaker icon and set the volume to max. You can also check in the volume mixer to set the volume to the maximum level.
For this you need to install the latest Microsoft Internet Explorer browser and also make sure that you have updated all the drivers.
If your game is crashing with a blue screen and then displaying the error code 0xa0000001, then just unplug your gamepad, start Watch Dogs and replug it. If you are still facing the same issue disable SLI or crossfire on your graphics cards. Then as usual be sure to update all the drivers.
If you have a 64 bit operating systems and your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not configured properly, this error may show up.
- Click this link to download the archive files.
- After successful download, you mus have five files with you:
- mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll
- Now save these files and restart your computer in the safe mode.
- go to C:\Windows\System32; and replace those files with the once you downloaded.
- Restart your system, the error message should be gone.
- First of all disable UPlay overlay, then check if you have installed Uplay in C:/Program Files (x64)
- If yes uninstall it and reinstall in C:\Program Files
- Find Watch Dogs exe file, right click and select Properties > Compatibility > Windows Vista SP1
- This should solve the problem.
If you are facing connection issues and “Unrecoverable error”, Ubisoft themselves have asked all Watch Dogs fans to have patience as they are looking into the matter and monitoring their servers for the service to carry on uninterrupted.
The very first thing is to update all your graphic drivers. NVidia 337.88 beta adds new SLI profiles for Watch Dogs which will help improve the graphics, so check out for this update. If you are still not happy with the result, try to disable SLI and run single-card.