Wii U Firmware 3.0 Live Now, Take an Hour to Download, Changelog Revealed
Nintendo has just released new Wii U Firmware 3.0. The update is now available for download for all Wii U owners across the globe. It makes numerous improvements and also add new features to Wii U.
Wii U firmware 3.0 improves system load times and also gamers will now be able to copy save data and boot straight to Wii mode by holding down the B button when turning on the console.
Nintendo has confirmed that Wii U firmware 3.0 will take up an hour or so to download, so don't get frustrated easily, have patience. Check out the changelog below.
- New Features:
- A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
- Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
- Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu*¹
- Changes to System Settings:
- An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in Data Management
- The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in Data Management
- The option to adjust screen size is now available under TV*²
- Auto Power-Down has been renamed Power Settings
- Changes to Miiverse
- Changes to Nintendo eShop
- Changes to the Internet Browser
- Changes to Download Management
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Watch the video footage below showing "Wii U Loading Test: After Firmware 3.0"