GTA V: GTA Online Features 700 Missions confirms Rockstar Games
Rockstar Games recently revealed the online multiplayer portion of GTA V titled as "GTA Online". The developer showcased first ever gameplay footage of GTA Online which was well received by critics and GTA community.
Today Rockstar Games Director Leslie Benzies has shared more details about GTA Online. According to Leslie Benzies, GTA Online features over 700 missions.
3DJuegos recently asked (via GTA Forums) Leslie Benzies: How many missions have in GTA Online?. To this Leslie Benzies replied: "I think they are about 700 missions at this time. We hope you have a 500 always available, and are renewed continuously. You can also go to the Rockstar Social Club and get off more missions. So you can connect and download any player missions to populate your world online, both from friends and from other users."
700 missions is a massive number and it can get any better than this for GTA community. GTA V is schedule to launch on September 17 for PS3 and Xbox 360 whereas GTA Online will launch a little later on October 1.
Are you excited about GTA V and GTA Online?, tell us in the comment section below.
Other GTA Online Details From This Recent Interview are as follows:
- The camera will zoom out and pan away to your online character seamlessly. During the animation, a matchmaking process will be in progress.
- Matchmaking will depend on which friends are playing, and what people have ranks near yours.
- You can do almost anything you can do in single player in GTA Online.
- Each mission requires a rank depending on difficulty and complexity. The bigger your rank, the more difficult the missions will be.
- Missions will be ordered randomly as you play Online.
- For certain heists you might need certain weapons, vehicles or characters such as a sniper or a driver. This will also depend on the mission creator if you download the mission from the Social Club.
- Some missions are so complex they need plenty of good communication.
- There will be descriptions to help each character on its heist function.
- You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.
- There is something called "team lives". If you have 4 team lives and 4 people, if everyone dies there will be 0 lives left, or if you die 4 times, the team will have 0 lives left, which means if anyone dies, it's mission failed.
- You can watch races and deathmatches on your apartment TV.
- There are masks to hide from the cops.
- The Online will be run on the Social Club servers, data will be stored on the cloud. There are datacenters from NY to San Diego, and more Rockstar studios.