Mass Effect 4 To Feature Single/Multiplayer, DLC And Social Network Stuff?
A recent job listing on Bioware Montreal official website hints that next installment in Mass Effect series, Mass Effect 4 will have single as well as multiplayer portion, DLC and tons of social network features.
The job listing states: " BioWare is looking for a highly skilled gameplay expert responsible for testing and measuring the player experience (fun) using proven analytical techniques (iterative process consisting of characterizations, hypotheses, predictions, and experimentation). The key activities are design and gameplay analysis, test architecting, and testing (providing both objective and subjective feedback)."
The requirements marked in BOLD hints pretty exciting things for Mass Effect 4.
- Scope out and develop high level testing plan for singleplayer / multiplayer gameplay
- Coordinate testing efforts between different locations and cross platform
- Coordinate testing efforts with external parties
- Scope out and develop high level testing plan for Post Release Content
- Determine task priority, schedules, and deadlines for assigned areas/systems
- Provide risk assessments and offer testing solutions for high risk technical changes; provide key testing cost feedback during Triage
- Assess and report on the health of the product
- Drive discipline excellence and teamwork in the testing team
- Effectively develop, mentor and lead QA team of 8+ Analysts and Testers
- Manage the planning, tasking and execution of testing with respect to project goals
- Act as a liaison to the Production department
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading a team of QA Testers;
- The ideal candidate has shipped at least one video game title and has a minimum of three years of Development experience in the video game or related industry
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies and best practices
- Familiarity with spreadsheet tracking document creation and maintenance via tools such as Excel
- Experience with online social network integration
- Prior experience supervising and directing of the daily testing duties of other testers
- Good knowledge/experience with project management, budgeting, resource planning
- Familiarity with design concepts (gameplay/level design)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
- Familiar with major release first- and third-person shooter genre titles
- Avid gamer who regularly engages in multiplayer gameplay
- Solid understanding of and experience with agile development processes
- Strong time and task management skills
- Strong problem identification and solving ability
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge in key area(s), particularly game design, development
- Familiarization with defect tracking and test management tools
- Focused on continuous improvement
- General understanding of first party compliance
- University degree or graduate of a recognized post-secondary program in software engineering or related discipline is a strong asset;
- Current Specializations (w/defined test processes): Level Design, Combat, Interface Design, Single Player/ Multiplayer / Action-RPG Experience is a plus.