Both PS4 and Xbox One are quiet similar to each other, if we keep aside few hardware specs differences, however there’s one major factor where this comparison result doesn’t apply at all, “Indie Developer Support”.
As per our knowledge a total of 19 indie developers (who previously supported Xbox 360) are favouring or developing for or are exclusive for Playstation 4. In simple terms their upcoming games won’t be available on Xbox One.
There are numerous reason behind this decision of indie developers, first and the foremost one is bad experiences from a previous collaboration with Microsoft, and second reason is Sony’s love and respect for indie developers and their games.
Here is the list of 19 Indie Developers that initially favoured Xbox 360 and are now supporting or developing exclusively for Playstation 4.
- 17-BIT: Skulls of the Shogun on Xbox360, now working on Galak-Z exclusive for PS4
- Arc System Works: Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360, now working on Guilty Gear Xrd exclusive for PS4
- Double Fine Productions: Iron Brigade on Xbox 360, now working on The Playroom DLC exclusive for PS4
- Grasshopper Manufacture: Diabolical Pitch on Xbox 360, now working on Lily Bergamo exclusive for PS4
- Iron Galaxy Studios: Wreckateer on Xbox 360, now working on Divekick exclusive for PS4
- Klei Entertainment: Mark of the Ninja on Xbox360, now working on Don’t Starve exclusive for PS4
- Metanet Software: N+ on Xbox 360, now working on N++ exclusive for PS4
- Mojang: Minecraft on Xbox 360, now working on Minecraft NextGen first for PS4
- Number None: Braid on Xbox360, now working on The Witness exclusive for PS4 (says: Xbox One not about gaming)
- Oddworld Inhabitants: Oddworld MO and SW on Xbox, now working on New N’ Tasty! exclusive for PS4
- Playdead: Limbo on Xbox360, now working on Project 2 for PS4
- Polytron: Fez on Xbox360, now working on Fez for PS4
- Red Barrels Games: Gathering of developers behind games such as Splinter Cell: Conviction on Xbox 360, now working on Outlast exclusive for PS4
- RedLynx: Trials on Xbox360 now working on Trials Fusion for PS4
- Supergiant Games: Bastion on Xbox360, now working on Transistor exclusive for PS4
- Team Meat: Super Meat Boy on Xbox360, now working on The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth by Edmund McMillen exclusive for PS4
- Tequila Works: Deadlight on Xbox 360, now working on Rime exclusive for PS4
- Tribute Games: Wizorb on Xbox 360, now working on Mercenary Kings exclusive for PS4
- Vblank Entertainment: Retro City Rampage – satisfied with the exposure on the PS3 and want to develop for the PS4.