PS3 Firmware 3.30 adds Remote Play on your VAIO PC
Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 3.30. An update to the PS3 system software was released on 22 April 2010. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 3.30 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 3.30, you will need a minimum 165MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
New or revised features in version 3.30
- You can now select [PC] as an option under [Remote Play Settings] > [Register Device]. When you select this option, you will be able to use the remote play feature to operate your PS3 system from future models of the VAIO PC. Details of this feature will be announced on the official VAIO website at vaio.eu/playstation in May 2010.
- [Bitstream (Direct)] and [Bitstream (Mix)] have been added as options under [Video Settings] > [BD Audio Output Format (Optical Digital)].
- 3D stereoscopic games are now supported. At the time of the system software release, there are no 3D stereoscopic games available for the PlayStation 3 system. The release of 3D stereoscopic games will be announced at a later date. If the TV in use supports 3D stereoscopic display, the screen from which you can set the TV size will be displayed when adjusting the video output settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to adjust the settings.
- You can now sort your trophies by the game title or by the date earned.
- Names of trophies that you have not yet earned are now displayed as [Hidden Trophy] instead of [???].
- This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
- The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PlayStation 3.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.