Resident Evil 7 Tech Analysis Reveals PS4/PS4 Pro vs Xbox One Visuals And Performance Difference
Digital Foundry has offered an in-depth analysis of the Resident Evil 7 final build, making a comparison between each version and revealing what the improvements coming from PlayStation 4 Pro are like. Below you have a quick rundown which lets you notice what it's like in terms of both performance and resolution.
So, as anticipated, the best console version is PS4 Pro. Xbox One suffers noticeable frame rate dips especially in combat, with the frame rate counter dipping at as low as 45fps from the 60fps target. Which is the version you are playing now? Did you notice any difference before reading this? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1080p / 60 FPS on PS4/XB1
- 2240x1260p / 60 FPS on PS4 Pro
- Plenty of Chromatic Aberration, DoF etc.
- Xbox One has more shimmering and worse post-AA method.
- Besides odd texture streaming issue, visually mostly identical.
- Pro has increased lighting highlights on trees etc.
- PC has same texture/lighting/shadow quality the as PS4/Pro version.
- Consoles have limited motion blur, PC has camera motion blur.
- PS4/Pro are rock solid 60 FPS.
- Xbox One dips performance notably, especially in combat. Lowest is 45FPS.