Prey Day One Patch Weighs In At 1.3GB, Fixes Audio Issues, Full Patch Notes Leaked
Prey is releasing in just two days now, and someone has already managed to put his hands on the actual game. Which, of course, is coming with a day one patch. Luckily enough, this is not so big and won't take much time for you to download it on your PS4, Xbox One and PC: on PS4, to be specific, it's just 1.3GB.
Interestingly, as promised, the first patch also fixes some of the audio issues players have been encountering throughout the entire PS4/Xbox One demo. On top of that, it seems the update not only addresses bug fixing and all, but offers several gameplay tweaks as well. English voiceover will be also available for other localized versions.
Other changes include enemy AI, preventing them from shooting through walls, weapon fixes, updates to how powers can be used -- they even added new explosions and stuff. So yes, the game we rather enjoyed in the recently released demonstrative version will get even better when it officially releases on May 5.
PREY Day One Patch Changelog:
- Phantom Corpses Will now have proper names if they were NPCs that were turned into phantoms
- Cystoids and cystoid nests now react appropriately to fast-moving objects
- Explosive containers will now explode when thrown at technopaths
- Nightmare will no longer camp objects the player has turned into front of it
- Al adjusts for difficulty level more effevtively.
- Operators can now achieve difficulty level more effectively.
- Multiple telepaths in an area no longer chain attacks on the player
- Touching placed grenades while mimicked will no longer cause them to explode
- Boltcaster can no longer cause zero-damage critical hits
- Nullwave Tansmitter now works on Apex tendrils
- Hacking minigame will now properly display what object is being hacked in the UI
- Players can now split stacks when looking at container inventories
- Various fixes to behaviors when player mimics an operator
- Localized versions of the game now support switching VO to English
- Killing Mikhaila with the Q-Beam now only counts as one human killed
- Quickload loads the most recent save of any type, not just auto-save
- Addressed several framerate bugs
- Addressed several save/load bugs
- Several crash fixes
- Various mission and objective marker fixes
- Various localized text and audio fixes
- Various SFX fixes
- Various VFX fixes