Overwatch Free Weekend Announced, Starts From May 26-29, GOTY Edition Bonus Content Revealed
Blizzard will be celebrating the One-year anniversary of OverWatch in the much bigger way than we expected them, latest seasonal event, OverWatch Anniversary, a free weekend, and the launch of OverWatch: Game of the Year Edition. The upcoming anniversary event begins on Tuesday, May 23.
In addition to Overwatch Anniversary, Blizzard will be holding another free weekend from May 2629. For this free weekend, they are making Overwatch's full roster of heroes and maps available for play in a variety of modes, including Quick Play, Custom Games, and the latest Weekly Brawl. Players will also be able to level up, earn Loot Boxes, and unlock a variety of different customization options. If players decide to purchase a copy of Overwatch after the free weekend, they'll get to keep any progress made during the weekend.
Also, on May 23, Blizzard will release OverWatch: Game of the Year Edition (digital version) for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. There are a lot of extra goodies (in-game) that comes with this special edition, details provided below:
- Overwatch 10 Bonus Loot Boxes Enjoy 10 bonus Loot Boxes, which each contain random items that can be used to personalize your heroes. Loot Boxes may include skins, emotes, victory poses, voice lines, sprays, and highlight intros, as well as credits you can use to acquire many different customization options.
- Overwatch Hero Skins Pay homage to the original Overwatch strike force by wearing the vintage Blackwatch Reyes or Strike-Commander Morrison skins. Explore other heroes' origins with Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, and even Slipstream Tracer.
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer Hero Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye.
- World of Warcraft Baby Winston Pet Adorably cuddly and highly intellectual, the Baby Winston pet will be at your side as you fight your way through Azeroth.
- Diablo III Mercy's Wings Slay demonic forces throughout the High Heavens and Burning Hells as you don Mercy's wings. All of the Sanctuary will know of your allegiance to Overwatch!
- StarCraft II In-game Portraits and a Hearthstone Card Back With portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, you're sure to become a champion of the Koprulu Sector. You can also battle it out in Hearthstone with an Overwatch-themed card back fit for a hero!
Lastly, the development team behind OverWatch has created a special "Year In Review" trailer, a short glimpse into the year long journey of the game.