Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Patch 1.2 Brings In Significant Changes, Patch Notes Released
Nintendo has just released Patch 1.2 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The update comes with a few changes only, but most of them are significant and change the rules of the game. For example, players will no longer be able to use the item after it has been used to block an attack. Furthermore, Boomerang makes a return to the top slot, after a player catches it. We have posted the full changelog below for you.
Check it out and do let us know in the comment section below. What additional change you expected Nintendo to make with update 1.2 but they missed them? We will let them know your feedback, who knows they will hear them and try to add them to the game via future updates/patches.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Patch 1.2 Changelog
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player's item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.