Destiny 2: Empty Chests And Materials Is A Soft Cap Bug, Here's How To Fix [Farming Strategy]
You guys might have encountered a weird Empty Chests or Materials in Destiny 2. We finally came to know what exactly it is and are you the only one experiencing it or not. So let's get started. First thing first - this farming empty Chests and Materials is a BUG/Glitch in Destiny 2 - and this is how it works - if you open too many chests and materials in a certain amount of time then you will be disallowed from receiving more chests and materials. What to do if you encounter this? You can't do anything to fix it, just wait for Four to FIVE minutes for the cap to reset.
Reddit user MilitaryThyme described this weird bug more clearly. Here's what he said about the Soft Cap that you guys are currently experiencing while farming Patrol Chests and Materials: "You can ONLY pull 5 chests within 5 minutes. With each pull being about a minute apart. If you go over this limit a silent debuff will be put on you and your fireteam not allowing you to gain tokens from chests for 5 minutes. Instead, you will only gain glimmer or nothing at all."
He then went on to list 5 important points all Destiny 2 players need to know about this Soft Cap bug.
- Public event chests, high-value target chests, patrol completions, all other chests that come from killing enemies DO NOT count towards the silent debuff.
- Cayde's stash chests and regional chests are affected by this as well.
- You can pull 2 chests inside a minute, but if you do it too quickly (less than 15 seconds) it will not give you a token/material and will count as a pull toward your total.
- You can only pull 4 chests within 3 minutes, the 5th one will not pull anything, it will not give you a debuff.
- The debuff stays with you to different zones even through fast travel, I don't know if it stays with you to different planets.
Fix Destiny 2 Soft Cap Bug - Farming Patrol Chests and Materials
Thankfully, MilitaryThyme has listed out a Farming Strategy to avoid encountering Soft Cap Farming Bug, here's how to be safe: Go for a SOLO farm.
- Step 1: Get Cayde's scout report for that planet, pull 4 chests quickly or 5 chests at a moderate pace.
- Step 2: Do a patrol, public event, or a high-value target kill.
- Step 3: Then by that time you have used up the 5 minutes from the first chest pull and can start a new set of chests.
- Step 4: If you are in a fire team run together for the chests and split up for the patrols, have one dedicated person on a timer to keep track of the 5-minute sets, and call out what you pull so you can keep track of it and not get the debuff.
That's all you need to know about the Soft Cap bug and how to fix it, but wait - I have one more interesting details to share with you on this -
This is not a new bug, in fact, a similar issue was discovered in Destiny: The Taken King. The video below demonstrates the similar bug that was encountered in Destiny: The Taken King. The YouTuber tries to Farm Helium Fragments on Moon Patrol, 4 minutes in Chests and it stops giving loot.