Assassin's Creed Origins Sold 1.5 Million Copies In 1st Week
Ubisoft took a break in the year 2016, by not releasing a new Assassin's Creed game and took their time perfecting the game. It seems taking a leave and not releasing the fan favourite game for a year does help in increasing the sales count. And their 1st-week sales of the game shows that they did manage to please the audience with Assassin's Creed Origins as their sales stand at 1,506,819 copies worldwide. As compared to their previous entry Assassin's Creed Syndicate, their PR team says that the sales differ by a margin of 100% in the favour of Origins.
Now, coming down to analyzing the sales of the game. According to Region
- Europe: 664,519 copies sold, 44% of total sales, making it the region where it's best-selling.
- United States- 542,213 copies, 36% of the total Share.
- Japan- Only 50,260 copies, just 3% of the share.
- United Kingdom - the UK holds the maximum number of sales within Europe with 102,855 copies.
- France - 131,288 copies.
- Germany - and finally Germany with 130,854 copies.
Now, let's rank all the Assassin's Creed games basing upon their first week sales.
- Assassin's Creed III - 3.52 Million
- Assassin's Creed II - 3.27 Million
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 2.36 Million
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations - 2.22 Million
- Assassin's Creed Unity - 1.59 Million
- Assassin's Creed Origins - 1.51 Million
- Assassin's Creed - 1.24 Million
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 0.99 Million
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 0.92 Million
From the rankings above, we can clearly see that how well Origins sold as compared to Syndicate, but Ubisoft still have to make the next instalment even more intriguing to make it to the top.