Gears of War 3 Release Date Confirmed, new maps and weapons detailed
Guys the wait is finally over, Microsoft just a while ago announced the release date for the much awaited third person shooting game title Gears of War 3, it will coming out for Xbox 360 on September 20. In Japan Gears Of War 3 will launch on September 22.
The details was revealed by Microsoft at its X11 event in San Francisco. Other feature that was confirmed about the game in a press release are as follow:
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!