US: Madden NFL 19 Was The Best Selling Game, Switch The Best Selling Console In August
Madden NFL 19 has been the best selling game in the United States throughout the month of August. Nintendo Switch was instead the best selling console, according to NPD Group data reported on VentureBeat.
“Launch month sales of Madden NFL 19 are the highest achieved since the launch of Madden NFL 13,” reads the breakdown from NPD Group, while Nintendo Switch with Red/Blue Joy Con 32GB is the year's best-selling hardware item in both unit and dollar sales.
“Since 2000, Madden NFL Football has been the best-selling game of August every year, with the exceptions of 2011 and 2012, when Madden NFL launched in the September tracking period,” adds the report.
All the numbers for the month:
- Total: $796 million (up 26 percent from $634 million in August 2017)
- Hardware: $214 million (up 28 percent from $168 million)
- PC and console software: $330 (up 16 percent from $285 million)
- Accessories: $251 million (up 39 percent from $181 million)
Here’s the full chart for what matters software, instead.
- Madden NFL 19 ^
- Monster Hunter: World
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Mario Kart 8*
- Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
- God of War
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
- Super Mario Odyssey*
- Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
- Far Cry 5
- Monster Hunter: Generations Ultimate*
- Call of Duty: WWII
- Mario Tennis Aces*
- Overwatch ^
- Lego The Incredibles
- We Happy Few*
- The Crew 2
* Digital sales not included
^ PC digital sales not included
Looks like it’s been a Madden NFL 19 month. Did you grab a copy of the sports game, too?