Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Update Raises Blackout Duos Player Count
A new Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 update is now available and it mainly focuses on the Blackout experience, lowering player count for Quads and raising the bar for Duos.
Duos battle royale is now covering 100 players, while Quads are supporting 88 players, twelve less in comparison with the starting point. That’s where users had encountered more stability issues, and this is probably why Treyarch lowered the player count after a week.
Here’s the full changelog:
- General stability improvements and crash fixes.
- The Featured playlist tiles for Multiplayer and Blackout have changed. This is part of the regular rotation of Featured playlists – more details to come on how Featured playlists will work in Black Ops 4 in a separate update.
- 100-Players Duos is now the Featured playlist for Blackout.
- Quads playlist is now 88 maximum players. We’re continuing to update various game settings to ensure the best experience for all players across all platforms and modes.
- TDM playlist now supports parties of 6 (was previously 5).
- Featured playlist changed to Heist.
- Custom Search and Destroy games will now correctly conclude after one team wins 6 rounds total, fixing an issue where custom games previously ended at round 7.
- Addressed a crash caused by earning multiple Medals in a match.
- Addressed a UI error caused by losing Internet connection in split screen.
- Addressed an issue that caused Hellhounds to exhibit some very… un-doglike behavior.
- “Object View Distance” setting now properly renders objects further on “High” then on “Low” in Blackout.
- Stability improvements (PC)
- Fixed a crash occurring during the initial boot of the game for some users.
- Fixed a crash when disconnecting from a Blackout match.
- Fixed a crash occurring when multiple windows were broken simultaneously in a Blackout match.
- Fixed a crash when browsing unlockable Items.
- Fixed crashes occurring when changing texture quality.
- Improved handling of “Out of Memory” errors.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.