Groove Coaster brings its addictive brand of rhythm gaming to Steam next month
Groove Coaster, the rhythmic spin-off of the Space Invaders franchise, is bringing its music-based action to Steam next month.
The Steam version of the game is an expanded and improved version from the mobile iOS and Android ports of the arcade original, bringing 36 original tracks and full support for Steam controllers as well as PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and a swath of others.
Groove Coaster is essentially a "roller coaster" of sorts with beats from the song you're currently playing coming down the line that you need to match as your avatar "rides" the coaster. You can select tons of different avatars, with 2 of them ranging from Vocaloid characters to generic shapes, with plenty of various themed effects to go along with each song as well.
As you time your input, whether from your keyboard or a controller, to the beat, you can choose to play with the single-hand "Casual" mode or two-handed via "Arcade" mode. There are also three aspect ratios for those playing with landscape displays: 16:9, 4:3, and 1:1.
Here's the current song list, as it stands:
- ADRENA / C-Show
- Analysis Division / Masayoshi Minoshima
- Black MInD / COSIO (ZUNTATA)
- Bright Lights / aran
- DX Choseinou Full Metal Shojo / IOSYS TRAX (uno with.Chiyoko)
- Five to Seven / Sampling Masters AYA
- Future Coaster / Sakuzyo
- Got more raves? / E.G.G.
- Groove Revolver / Xeami
- Horizons / M-Project
- Lethal Dose / sky_delta
- LINK LINK FEVER!!! / LINKA (CV: Moe Toyota)
- MAD FREAKS / DJ Myosuke
- MERLIN / REDALiCE
- MIRACLE PARTY / DJ Genki
- Music Plot Type Three / COSIO (ZUNTATA)
- No Way Out / ARM (IOSYS)
- OMAKENO Stroke / t+pazolite
- Period of Revolution / COSIO (ZUNTATA)
- Play merrily NEO / Shohei Tsuchiya (ZUNTATA) feat. Aimee B
- Scarlet Lance / MASAKI (ZUNTATA)
- Seizya no Kodo / Xeami
- Shiva / Massive New Krew
- Sign of “10.5km” / Yasuhisa Watanabe
- SKYSCRAPER / Dr. ARM (IOSYS)
- Smash a mirror / Shohei Tsuchiya (ZUNTATA) feat. SATOMI
- Solar Storm / xi
- STAR COASTER / D.watt (IOSYS)
- Stardust Vox / DJ Laugh a.k.a. uno (IOSYS)
- Thrash Beat / COSIO (ZUNTATA)
- tiny tales continue / Chroma
- TRIPLE3T / SATO（SANODG & KATO [noisycroak]）
- Under The Moon / void (Mournfinale)
- VEGAS / SATO（SANODG & KATO [noisycroak]）
- Wacky dance ethnic / Sampling Masters MEGA
- Warrior / Cranky
It'll likely follow the same model as the Groove Coaster mobile iteration, where you can purchase separate song packs for the free-to-play title, as the press release states that new tracks are coming as monthly downloadable content.
You can pick up Groove Coaster when it launches on Steam July 16.