Pre-Load the Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer PC Open Beta Now
The Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer PC Open Beta takes place on Steam this weekend, from September 29th to October 2nd. It is now available to pre-load. Gamers with less than stellar Internet access may want to get started on downloading the 14GB install right away.
What’s in the Beta?
November 3rd can’t come soon enough for hardcore fans of the Call of Duty franchise, but the beta will offer a decent amount of content. The PC beta follows in the footsteps of the console beta from earlier this summer. Gamers can expect the experience the following:
- Maps: Four Multiplayer maps: Pointe du Hoc, Ardennes Forest, Gibraltar and Aachen
- War: Operation Breakout
- Modes: Four Multiplayer modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint and Kill Confirmed
- Divisions: Five Divisions: Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, and Mountain Division.
- Progression: Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1. Over the weekend, the level cap will increase to 35, including progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, and equipment.
Of course, a beta is merely a sampling of the full game, so the following options will not be available at this time:
- HDR Support
- Multi-Monitor Support
- Supply Drops, and Loot
Also keep in mind that none of the progress made in the beta will carry over to the full game!
While console gamers already had a taste of what CoD WW2 has to offer, PC gamers will be able to experience some features unique to their chosen platform:
- Native 4K Support
- Framerate Cap Slider (up to 250FPS)
- FOV Resizing
- Keyboard/Mouse Fully Re-mappable
- Controller Support
- G-Sync Monitor Support
- Ultra-Wide Monitor Support
- High-resolution Mouse Support
- Advanced Video Settings
As someone rocking a G-Sync 2K Ultra-Wide monitor with support for up to 100Hz, the above list is making me drool a little. Read on to find out what kind of horse power you’ll need to enjoy Call of Duty: WWII to its fullest.
Open Beta System Requirements
What do you need inside your PC in order to enjoy the Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer PC Open Beta? Activision has released the following system requirements. Note that these are for the beta and may change for the final release.
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2400 / AMD Ryzen R5 1600X|
|RAM||12 GB RAM|
|HDD||25 GB HD space|
|Video||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 / GTX 1060 @ 6GB or AMD Radeon™ R9 390 / AMD RX 580|
|OS||Windows 7 64-Bit or later|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i3 3225 or equivalent|
|RAM||8 GB RAM|
|HDD||25 GB HD space|
|Video||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB|
There you have it! I’ve got a three day weekend ahead of me and it just got filled up with plenty of time on the WWII battlefield! Head on over to the Steam Store page and join me.