Destiny 2's Next Faction Rally Begins Next Week
The Factions are once again vying for your love in Destiny 2. From November 7 until November 13 you can declare your allegiance to the Factions in exchange for new armor and weapons as the Faction Rally returns. There have been some changes to how you get Tokens, however.
- Strikes now reward faction tokens at a range of 5 to 9 faction tokens per completion (up from 3 to 7)
- Nightfall now rewards 10 to 18 faction tokens on first completion per character
- Completing Heroic Public Events now rewards 5 faction tokens (down from 8)
- Destroying enemy resources no longer rewards faction tokens
- Opening Lost Sector Chests now rewards 3 faction tokens for each fireteam member
There are also some new weapons you can earn from each Faction’s package. For players who have never taken part in a Rally before, at the start of the event you pledge allegiance to a Faction with a character. If you have three characters you can pledge to three different factions should you wish to do so. Over the week you earn Tokens by playing the game and hand them in for loot, as you would any other vendor.
New Monarchy Weapons
Future War Cult Weapons
Dead Orbit Weapons
There are also three new rewards you could get, depending on which Faction wins the Rally itself.
New Monarchy Sword
Future War Cult Fusion Rifle
Dead Orbit Grenade Launcher
Depending on which faction is victorious, you will be able to get the weapon for 1000 Glimmer if you pledge to them. For those who don’t, it will cost you 50,000. I’m hoping it is not a Dead Orbit win again this time, the Scout Rifle from the last Rally was a total dud. Hopefully nobody out there is that interested in a single shot grenade launcher.