Xbox Scarlett Specs Rumor Hints At 12+ Teraflops, Ray Tracing, Dev Kits
Over the last few days, a rumor about Xbox Scarlett specs has popped up on Reddit.
Despite being quickly dubbed as fake or at least very doubt, a verified user on ResetEra has offered a comment about those specs, suggesting some of them could be legit instead.
These are the specifics in question:
- CPU: Custom 8 cores / 16 Threads Zen 2 CPU
- GPU: Custom NAVI @12+ teraflops
- Memory: 16GB GDDR6
- Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s
- DirectX Raytracing + MS AI
This is the comment, which among the other things suggest the console is set to have a SSD storage, a new SoC codenamed Anubis and more.
Dev kits are reportedly being delivered after GDC 2019 in March.
- The hardware is partially true
- Storage is true
- Raytracing is true
- Lockhart is not Streaming box
- Xbox SoC codename is Anubis, check AMD’s plan
- MS AI is not a part of the hardware, in other words, never heard of TPU or ASIC like it
- How to implement Raytracing? See GDC 2019
- Why they make a decision like Lockhart? See GDC 2019
- Why there still no DevKit? After GDC 2019
Xbox Scarlett is reportedly coming in 2020, with two different models similarly to what happened with Xbox 360.