Metro: Last Night first teaser trailer revealed (Update: Screenshots)
THQ has released the first teaser trailer of Metro: Last Light, the sequel to Eastern European post-society horror Metro 2033. Huw Beynon, head of THQ’s global communications, revealed the first look of the game at an event in London.
At the game's reveal event Huw Beynon, said, “It was never going to be called Metro 2034,”
“The first game was based on Dmitry Glukhovsky’s post-apocalyptic novel, Metro 2033. He did write a pseudo-sequel called Metro 2034 but whilst the setting and concept of the first book leant themselves to a video game, the second novel was a stab at an esoteric art-house style so wouldn’t work so well in this format. We referred to this game as 2034 internally because it was easier to call it that, but that was never actually the title.”
Check out some important details about Metro: Last Night below:
- Sequel to 2010 cult hit Metro 2033.
- Ukrainian developer 4A Games’ second project.
- Launches 2012 for PC, PS3 and 360.
- Set predominantly in the underground metro system of a post-apocalyptic Russia.
- Linear, cinematic survival-horror FPS.
Check out the teaser below:
UPDATE: In Game Screenshots